Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon wing scratching and scuffing other parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. The other part of this is that we are paying insurance and registration and encountering depreciation for every day these cars are in the shop. If you do the math, it'll stress you out, so I don't recommend it.

My X is waiting on parts in the parking lot of the Service Center. Today is day 10. Cha-ching, cha-ching...

What is your car in for if you dont mind me asking?

What is your car in for if you dont mind me asking?
Some remaining fit and finish issues from delivery, AC noise, falcon wing door issues (not like yours, mine are occasionally falling down on their own and popping on the way up and down). Key fob issues. Wind noise at quarter window. I don't know which parts they're waiting on, but it could be one of two quarter window glasses they're replacing or the springs for the falcon wing doors. Time will tell..

Either way, I'm eager to get it back and move onto normal ownership, as I'm sure you are. I wish you the best for a permanent and satisfactory resolution.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Some remaining fit and finish issues from delivery, AC noise, falcon wing door issues (not like yours, mine are occasionally falling down on their own and popping on the way up and down). Key fob issues. Wind noise at quarter window. I don't know which parts they're waiting on, but it could be one of two quarter window glasses they're replacing or the springs for the falcon wing doors. Time will tell..

Either way, I'm eager to get it back and move onto normal ownership, as I'm sure you are. I wish you the best for a permanent and satisfactory resolution.

Yes I do hope this will end soon....for all of us with fw issues. It sounds like I am the minority so that is a good thing for Tesla.

Ah man, I've had all these but the AC. Hope that doesn't happen. The rest are fixed as of now (got it back again two days ago). Let me know if the info from my repairs would help.

Well, here you go. I am OFFICIALLY DONE - I have not had a single week with the car back without issues with the FWD. What I have noticed is that if the car is facing the sun even on a relatively cool day of 70-75 degrees, the door just doesn't operate properly. Here is a video (I've recorded several others on separate days, but have not had time to upload to youtube):

Well, here you go. I am OFFICIALLY DONE - I have not had a single week with the car back without issues with the FWD. What I have noticed is that if the car is facing the sun even on a relatively cool day of 70-75 degrees, the door just doesn't operate properly. Here is a video (I've recorded several others on separate days, but have not had time to upload to youtube):

I'm sorry this is still happening to you. Seems like you need the FWD with all the sensors replaced. It opens as if it detects some obstacles very closely nearby thus coming up instead of swinging out. Keep doing this and finally get out of sync.

Can you go to a different SC and demand both FWDs AND sensors on them altogether? Sensing, carrying signal, carrying data, converting data to movement, mechanical. There should be something wrong within these components and by replacing FWD with sensors you'll have all suspects killed. Just my 2 cents.