Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Famous YouTuber shows how FSD has major phantom braking problems. Still.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats a youtuber who routinely gets the first updates. Im not 100% certain that is NOT v11 single stack..
This is definitely not v11. He's not a Tesla employee so he doesn't get any favoritism with FSDb. He didn't even have FSDb till recently when he subscribed after it went "wide release."

You post so much FUD about Tesla, FSD, AP. It is really annoying. Why do you even post here if it is always super negative, and sometimes not even factually correct?

I experience 1 to 4 phantom brakes everyday, on my rather long daily commute (~115mi round trip). They're evenly split between 2 lane highways (FSDb active) and interstate(Reg AP w/ auto lane change, NoAP annoys me too much). They are almost always a 2-5MPH slow down, but I can't be sure they wouldn't be a hard brake as my foot is always over the accelerator ready to goose it, as mentioned here by others. An 'instant' hard brake is pretty rare for me though.

I experience 1 to 4 phantom brakes everyday, on my rather long daily commute (~115mi round trip). They're evenly split between 2 lane highways (FSDb active) and interstate(Reg AP w/ auto lane change, NoAP annoys me too much). They are almost always a 2-5MPH slow down, but I can't be sure they wouldn't be a hard brake as my foot is always over the accelerator ready to goose it, as mentioned here by others. An 'instant' hard brake is pretty rare for me though.
I don't even know if I have experienced this once in 30,000 miles of usage. When I experience is it in some new roads or on the highways in Houston and is certainly due to map errors because it happens very predictably at the same spot every time. I have never had it happen in a "random" fashion on an open road. I bet it would happen on the same route that Kyle Conner used it which seems to be related to sunlight affecting camera views which is definitely real. I just haven't experienced it.