Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faraday Future

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think they made a concept car. The made a concept car shell (an not a very good one), with nothing inside.

I doubt it's drivable, hence the GCI video of it driving, and no specs.

It's a single seater, with 1" ground clearance, no crumple zone in front, etc. It (and anything like it) will never see the light of day as a production car.
Bingo. FF are either hiding something brilliant very very well, or they have not a single thing to show yet. I'm betting on the later.

Where is the proof of the subscription service features, autonomous driving features, or how safe the "platform" is? They may have well have told us their platform will EVENTUALLY make it possible for you to travel through time with the push of a button. :rolleyes:

They didn't even show us how a person gets in or out of the "very early concept car" or demonstrate that the "revolutionary vehicle" actually works and is safe to drive. :wink:

Kinda of agree but why would they be breaking ground on a plant if they didn't have a working car?....seems odd.
If they make the plant modular enough it doesn't matter much. Keep in mind that Tesla's plant was designed to build ICE cars ?minivans? and now makes both the S, and the X

Seems that FF does have one thing, and that's money. It's no long term substitute for a product they can sell, but it will sure keep them going for a while...

presentation disappointing, all style no substance, but I still have some optimism the company may have some substance. aside from Nissan, the backers of this company are more committed to EVs than any of the incumbent automakers. we can all look at what we watched here and say how silly their approach was, but... Elon now says it was a mistake not to do the Roadster from scratch instead of working with Lotus, and Tesla was searching for a working transmission while the clock was running on a long delayed launch of the Roadster (the first cars were actually delivered with a drivetrain that had to be replaced a few months later once they dropped their attempt at a two gear transmission). FF doesn't have a monopoly on some big wrong turns.