Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature Request: Disable Autolock Near Homelink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be neat if there was a setting on Homelink (say a checkbox) that read "Disable Auto Lock". Here, when you pulled into your garage, it didn't automatically lock the doors. (but still allowed you to use walk away auto lock in all other situations). There are likely a number of us with locked garages that would not need this. It's handy for sending kids out to the car to bring in groceries, or a number of other things.

• Love
Reactions: PeterHG
The ability for the car to remain unlocked in the garage would definitely be helpful, but I think the big issue with your idea and other similar ones is the fact that it also means that the car would remain unlocked if it was parked in the driveway as well. GPS just doesn’t have the accuracy to know if the car is in the garage or near the garage.

That would be up to the person enabling or disabling the feature to assess, and it wouldn't be turned on automatically, and without a warning ever. (i.e. it would NOT be a default mode, but instead one a user could choose). Even some garages wouldn't be sage (consider homelinks designed to open to public parking). It's not for everyone, but for those who can assure security in their area it would be good.

YES! This is one of my biggest pet peeves. Many times have I forgotten something in the car and had to walk back inside the house to grab the damn key because the car locked itself in my garage...

I always leave my cars unlocked in my garage. Would be nice if this option was added.

It would be neat if there was a setting on Homelink (say a checkbox) that read "Disable Auto Lock". Here, when you pulled into your garage, it didn't automatically lock the doors. (but still allowed you to use walk away auto lock in all other situations). There are likely a number of us with locked garages that would not need this. It's handy for sending kids out to the car to bring in groceries, or a number of other things.

+100