Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature request: sport regen mode

Would you use a “sport” regen setting?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the hold mode from 36.2 but actually find myself using the brakes more often as it seems regen is now less aggressive overall, especially at higher speeds. True one-pedal drinking is only possible for... ahem... conservative drivers. I would love a sport regen setting that allows for a bit later braking and still lets me one pedal drive. Anyone else in the same boat?

Regen is aggressive charging........seeing as they have been scaling supercharging rates back aggressively on older cars like the 85kw S cars I have to wonder if they are finding aggressive charging is harder on things than once thought.

Yes the 3 is a different cell but it is already a smaller pack allowed to charge more aggressively.......

Be happy if you keep what you have vs. having it throttled in a couple years.

Like Adam, I think any decrease in regen you're experiencing is related to cold packs. I'm also not sure how much more Tesla can safely provide before it becomes harmful to the pack. But if we can have more with no issues, I'd love to have it. :)

Yes track mode regen is what OP really want. However on the track when you are going from 90 to 30, regen deceleration still feels nothing compared to hard braking. I can only know I’m slowing down when I lift off from both pedals by looking at the screen. And that made me struggling with overbraking most of the times.

This is what they paid extra money for. If you want track mode, you need to BUY it. I’m ok with Tesla making truck mode a post purchase upgrade like FSD.
I didn't say it should be free, though I do think 'TC off' should be a standard feature as it is on much lesser cars. In fact, I am so willing to pay that I purchased the PartyBox from Mountain Pass Performance. It transforms the car on track. See my results:

Using it actually feels unfair to other RWD cars on the track.

Also, you do know that no one paid more for track mode, right? The cost of the car did not change because of track mode, and those that purchased before it was available got it for free.

This isn't quite true...

Many owners have specifically said they spent more to get a P just for track mode.

Still others have said they paid more for the P3D+ instead of the - specifically because they felt that that was the one they could be "sure" would get any future enhancements (like track mode)....and indeed for a while only the + had it so they seemed justified for a while in doing so- track more for the - came later.

Reactions: wenkan
This isn't quite true...

Many owners have specifically said they spent more to get a P just for track mode.

Still others have said they paid more for the P3D+ instead of the -
That doesn't change the fact that Tesla has never charged anyone for adding Track Mode. The price differential between + and - did not change based on the inclusion of track mode. It is just another feature that Tesla has provided, just like fart mode. Maybe SR - owners should have to pay more for fart mode.

I think many are missing the point of track mode. It’s a focused software version for performance orientated models. It didn’t come until after the initial P model came out, true, but that doesn’t mean they didn’t pay for it. Track mode is a differentiator for performance buyers, and “nudges” perspective buyers who desire that into a more expensive model. If they offer it to everyone, then more people wouldn’t think the “nudge” isn't big enough and choose a less expensive model. If they offer it as an option, then things get overly complicated. Part of the reason I like Tesla is the simplicity. I miss the personalization options other companies give (looking at you Corvette and 911) but the differentiation between P and AWD is already slight enough. When you bought it is irrelevant to the business decision of which model to offer it on.

Reactions: wenkan
That doesn't change the fact that Tesla has never charged anyone for adding Track Mode.

Sure, but what you actually said was " you do know that no one paid more for track mode, right?"

Which is not the case.

Some owners DID pay more, specifically, to get track mode, than they would have if Track mode was not only offered on specific versions of the car.

The price differential between + and - did not change based on the inclusion of track mode

No, but for a while it was ONLY on the +, so people paid more for track mode and explicitly said they ONLY paid more for THAT one thing.

Today people are still doing that when they pay 2k more for the P3D- over the AWD- with some folks remarking they don't care about the acceleration but specifically paid "more" for track mode.

"for track mode" is why they paid more than they would otherwise have done

I think many are missing the point of track mode. It’s a focused software version for performance orientated models.
Good point. My Camaro ZL1 had 5 performance traction modes that were not available on the other variants. It certainly was not the reason I paid more for the ZL1 over the SS, but it did help in the differentiation. What I feel is truly missing, and should be standard for the RWD, is 'TC off.' This would keep Track Mode exclusive for the P models, while also making the RWD more competetive on track with other cars in its class (BMW 340i, MB C300, Audi S3).

Some owners DID pay more, specifically, to get track mode
Today people are still doing that when they pay 2k more for the P3D- over the AWD- with some folks remarking they don't care about the acceleration but specifically paid "more" for track mode.
I probably value track mode more than most, but I find it hard to believe someone making this $2k decision does not care about the acceleration. I'm sure there are some, but if all the differences between the AWD and P- are 'worth' $2k, then logic dictates that TM is less than $2k. For that I'd buy it for my RWD without hesitation.