Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

feature request: steering wheel control to switch Chill/Standard modes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

phaduman

Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2016
San Jose
I am seeing myself switching between the two modes frequently. As already felt by Tesla, there is advantages to chill mode. Having a quick access to the chill/standard mode toggle under the right steering wheel lower button (like sunroof, fan control etc controls) would be quite useful. Have the chill mode upto a traffic light, then swiftly switch to standard mode without moving your hands off the wheel, and surprise your passengers with the sudden improvement. :).

• Love
Reactions: P100DHG.
I think it would be great to add a Chill / Standard mode option through the steering wheel controls; in fact, it would be nice to add several other feature settings - Climate On / Off, Separate Driver screen / Center screen dim / brightness control switch, etc...

Of course, it would be even nicer to get 2017.44 first, so I could actually use the "Chill" mode if I wanted lol

• Funny
Reactions: phaduman
I think it would be great to add a Chill / Standard mode option through the steering wheel controls; in fact, it would be nice to add several other feature settings - Climate On / Off, Separate Driver screen / Center screen dim / brightness control switch, etc...

Of course, it would be even nicer to get 2017.44 first, so I could actually use the "Chill" mode if I wanted lol

And how about the most logical one...

Steering wheel heating on and off.

As for Chill, my only wish is that it would react to flooring differently. I can see the safety aspect of needing maximum acceleration in an emergency. If they could figure this out somehow, that would IMO make it perfect.

don't see the option or maybe I am doing something wrong.

page 38 of user manual: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_s_owners_manual_north_america_en_us.pdf. Describes how to use the steering wheel buttons for call access, temp control etc.

Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 7.30.14 AM.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: P100DHG.