Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Federal Tax Incentive debate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He is President, so “he” has given incentives over the last 3.5 years.

You appear to be confused as to which branch of government actually controls spending and tax law (spoiler: it's not the one Trump is in charge of- so no he hasn't given EVs a damn thing)

“rolling back” means less than before

Again this is factually wrong.

If you are given in writing a pay schedule from your boss that says you will get a 5% pay raise annually for the next 5 years... and then a year later he says "Sorry you will only get a 1.5" pay raise" then your raises have been cut back going forward.

That's exactly what happened with emissions standards under the Trump administration.

Higher standards were already on the books with a 5% improvement per year required.

He rolled those back to only a 1.5% improvement.

I think I’m really good at rebutting someone.

Then you have found yet another thing you're factually wrong about :)

The post was clearly an attempt (which worked) to bring a political discussion to a section of TMC other than the quarantined politics thread.
No, but I can see why the politics thread got quarantined. Even if Trump is as great as he says he is, the divisiveness that he has created neutralizes any good that he has done. In my opinion. I've tried to keep an open mind and give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's ridiculous upon further examination. I mainly gave him the benefit of the doubt because I don't trust the media based on how they treat Tesla. I still think the media is *sugar*, but after watching the debates I don't trust Trump and Pence either.

• Funny
Reactions: Matsayz
No, but I can see why the politics thread got quarantined. Even if Trump is as great as he says he is, the divisiveness that he has created neutralizes any good that he has done. In my opinion. I've tried to keep an open mind and give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's ridiculous upon further examination. I mainly gave him the benefit of the doubt because I don't trust the media based on how they treat Tesla. I still think the media is *sugar*, but after watching the debates I don't trust Trump and Pence either.
Your comment is like blaming the wife for her husband beating her.

• Funny
Reactions: dahaz22 and ucmndd
referring to the current president as if he is somehow similar to an "abused wife" has got to be one of the most "2020" things I have ever read.
I mean, intuitively and statistically speaking, you sorta have to assume that there are Tesla owners out there fully on board with a science denying, white supremacist, misogynistic view of what American power is and should represent.

It’s still a little weird when they voluntarily out themselves and proudly fly the flag. :eek: o_O