Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fellow car cleaning obsessives...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car appears to be 'alive'.....EVs are meant to be 'green' right :)

53339722964_d108489420_c_d.jpg

Finally got round to cleaning mine today.

Picture won’t upload from my phone (too big apparently).

Always nice to find new stone chips 😂, also my Karcher K4 now leaks, nothing is built with any quality these days.
Nilfisk Professional series domestic pressure washers are.

Previous one lasted 15 years of hard use....pump got a bit noisy, but still working fine in the possession of my son.

New one (2 years old, feels just as solid).

Karcher are certainly not renowned for their quality.

Reactions: DaveW
Im going to unsubscribe from this thread as it always ends up costing me more money on stuff I already have but before i go...

Got stuff from Gtechnic, autoglym, Mcguyers, Bilt hamber, Fusso/soft99, turtlewax, Liqui moly, Aerospace 303, Upol, Optimum No rinse to name a few.

All good in their own right but I just cant keep up 😬

Im going to unsubscribe from this thread as it always ends up costing me more money on stuff I already have but before i go...

Got stuff from Gtechnic, autoglym, Mcguyers, Bilt hamber, Fusso/soft99, turtlewax, Liqui moly, Aerospace 303, Upol, Optimum No rinse to name a few.

Before you go you’ve got to help avoid us going down the same path by giving us your conclusion on the brand(s) to use. 🤷‍♂️

Before you go you’ve got to help avoid us going down the same path by giving us your conclusion on the brand(s) to use. 🤷‍♂️
Its difficult.. Gtechnic panel wipe is great but expensive, Replaced it by Upol which is also very good and better value and and my mate with a bodyshop uses it (I just spotted it there when I last visited but I already had it)

Autoglym, I use their shampoo mixed with a little bit of optimum no rinse as this helps with water spots and gives me a better chance to dry off in the summer as water won't evaporate so fast.

Soft 99 for was (old formula) works well and easy to use (also have other good wax but more elbow grease... on a lazy day might use the autoglym liquid wax with is ok.

Bilt hamer stuff is nice. Degreaser is great but apparently the screw fix own brand is also very good. Fallout remover is very good and the clay is great as well which only needs water as lubricant but I mix a bit of optimum no rinse with as this also acts as a detailer.

I could go on.... I spend way to much time on google and searching 'what is the best" then youtube reviews and trying stuff and spending money... hence here I am.

Plenty of good stuff out there but as you can see, Im quite happy to try different brands...

Reactions: Doudeau
Thanks for that insight. I’d never heard of optimum no rinse before so checked it out on Amazon. Of course the search results unearth loads of other interesting car cleaning products as well. 😂
You can end up chasing your own tail if you're not careful. It's nice stuff and smells lovely if you like the blue bubble gum. Has many uses mixed with other stuff as well. It's very expensive imho but you dont need much. Im on my second big bottle (1 gallon ). You need to shop around for this one as I never found it cheaper on Amazon.

No Mitchell and King?

:)

I think to a large degree taking time and care to clean the car and using good technique at each stage to apply waxes / sealants is more important than the actual products used. You can spend silly amounts of money on wax - Zymol at well over £100 (over a £1000 if you are completely bonkers!) a pot for example - and if I'm honest, a decent quality carnauba at a third of the price is just as good. The same goes for polishes and sealants - prepare the car properly and apply them well, and you'll struggle to see a difference in finish or durability.