Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Finalize" concerns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I might be able to explain the reason why some (like Kevin) have until 12/31 to finalize before the price increase vs. others (like heems and I) have until a "3 week window after a second 'Time to Finalize' email is sent to us in a month or two". I noticed that Heems and I are in the only 2 states where Tesla can't give test drives (TX and AZ). I was told that MA just approved Tesla's license to sell. And only AZ and TX remain. So, we could be in situations where we can't actually get test drives. (In my case, it's the main thing holding me back.) Whereas Kevin is in Chicago, where this isn't an issue. So, perhaps Tesla is accounting for this in their willingness to extend the period reservation holdouts can wait before the price increase impact.

This is just my guess.

I'm in Missouri, and got the original finalize email on October 1. The price inrease email stated that I will get another email to finalize in one to two months and will have three weeks.