Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finalized May 6th...odds on taking delivery in June?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings, all.

I placed my order 5/9 and confirmed it 5/19. My estimated delivery had been Late July... until today. It was bumped up to LATE JUNE! (I know the change was made today because I am unable to refrain from obsessively logging in to My Tesla on a more-than-daily basis.)

All this time I had been worried about the new orders from China, the July factory shutdown, etc., etc. I will now have to keep my fingers crossed for approximately 5 weeks.

I hate to ask, but how common is it to have your delivery estimate advanced, only to have it delayed later? I would think that Tesla would want to be careful about managing expectations.
I finalized on April 7th and the initial window was "June". Then it was moved to "early June". Then "late May". As of right now, it has not been pushed back. Supposed to take delivery next Thursday.

Greetings, all.

I placed my order 5/9 and confirmed it 5/19. My estimated delivery had been Late July... until today. It was bumped up to LATE JUNE! (I know the change was made today because I am unable to refrain from obsessively logging in to My Tesla on a more-than-daily basis.)

All this time I had been worried about the new orders from China, the July factory shutdown, etc., etc. I will now have to keep my fingers crossed for approximately 5 weeks.

I hate to ask, but how common is it to have your delivery estimate advanced, only to have it delayed later? I would think that Tesla would want to be careful about managing expectations.

Wow. Lucky you. I confirmed May 6. VIN 45418. July 14 delivery. I hope I get lucky like a couple of you on this thread. Did you get a P85?

Nice to hear Tx02Ag....congrats again!

I just received my VIN# last night(5-14-14)....#45160. I finalized on 5-6-14.
Estimated delivery was bumped from July...up to Late June.
Current status is still 'sourcing parts'.
Still no contact from a DS.....but at least things are progressing.

Enjoy that new ride....great to hear there were no major (or minor) issues!

I have the exact same confirmation day May 6th, I'm in the Netherlands, so a European delivery with some good 6 weeks shipping extra's.
My Vin# appeared on MyTesla on May 21st (15 days later) and the Vin# is close 45415.
Delivery for me started with "Late August" and now says August.

I did not get a confirmation message on the assignment of the Vin# (just spotted this myself on the webpage) nor was I contacted by a DS (but it may be different in Europe).

Status is sourcing parts, the next status update is supposed to be that it is being build, but estimates tell me that this will be 2 months after "Confirmed", which in my case may be in the middle of the factory close period, which is also discussed here.

So based on your delivery being bumped up, maybe I can expect something too, so they get it out the door before the July close period.
That is, if they treat European deliveries the same :)

Wow. Lucky you. I confirmed May 6. VIN 45418. July 14 delivery. I hope I get lucky like a couple of you on this thread. Did you get a P85?

I confirmed on May 6th (see post above this one), VIN# very close to yours, if I add 6 weeks of shipping to Europe to your July 14th date, I'll be enjoying things end of August (as originally indicated), so I'm hoping to see the same luck too :)