Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally! Didn't need Randy Pobst to beat that time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously impressive! Add Randy Pobst + track mode and I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more seconds shaved off that time.
Hopefully it shaves off more than 3.84s or Elon will eat his words. BMW M3 lap record on Laguna Seca is 1:42.96. I’d also like to see it take down the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio at 1:39.68 since that also seems like it’s in the same “class”.

Laguna Seca (post 1988) lap times - FastestLaps.com

Twitter

Last edited:
Hopefully it shaves off more than 3.84s or Elon will eat his words. BMW M3 lap record on Laguna Seca is 1:42.96. I’d also like to see it take down the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio at 1:39.68 since that also seems like it’s in the same “class”.

Laguna Seca (post 1988) lap times - FastestLaps.com

Twitter
That’s for a 2008 BMW M3. The lap time for the M4 (two door M3) is 1:39.69.
I remember that I bet someone some beers what the stock lap time would be. I don't remember who or what time though. haha.

Nice...its faster than a Mazda MX-5 RF....but I'm thinking that RF was way more fun on that track....

Best-Drivers-Car-map.jpg

That’s for a 2008 BMW M3. The lap time for the M4 (two door M3) is 1:39.69.
I remember that I bet someone some beers what the stock lap time would be. I don't remember who or what time though. haha.
Haha that would be me Daniel.
Right now you are winning the bet, but I do think I should at least get to wait until track mode is released and Odiemac can do a proper hot lap. The car with traction controls on is definitely slowing him down. He seams to think a pro driver can get 1:42 so I think we need to see what track mode really does for times.

Haha that would be me Daniel.
Right now you are winning the bet, but I do think I should at least get to wait until track mode is released and Odiemac can do a proper hot lap. The car with traction controls on is definitely slowing him down. He seams to think a pro driver can get 1:42 so I think we need to see what track mode really does for times.
Found the post. The over/under is 1:44.5. I think I might lose this bet...

Reactions: Arpe and PhaseWhite