Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally! Free Unlimited Super Charging FUSC can be transferred

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then value of supercharging is variable to the eye of the beholder.
Apartment dwellers, lack of solar, high state electricity, income bracket etc might make FUSC more valuable. In those cases it might be worth $2k or $2.5k max on a 7 year old car. I'm guessing.

For most EV buyers, FUSC is a luxury, not a need and is certainly not time efficient. To that majority the value is probably closer to $1k.

To me, as an OG early Tesla adopter, FUSC is symbolic or nostalgic. We rarely used it. Convenience is waking up to a charged car daily, not spending our free time at a SC. Anyway, this new ability to transfer FUSC made us pull the trigger and we picked up our new Tezzy today!

Other FUSC transfer notes
It can take up to 1 week. The delivery center said it usu takes 72h.
You lose the referral loyalty discount with the FUSC transfer. That was an unwelcome $250+ surprise on pick up day.

Just another attempt to boost Q4 sales for S and X. If they were doing great I doubt we would see this. M I imagine that most owners will stick with the same model they currently own.

What do I care if it’s transferable. The average buyer won’t really care in 3-9 years. What ever I saved in that time frame with with FUSC is more than they would pay. I think the real question is how long should one keep driving thier old(er) Tesla? Mine turns 7 in December. My Range is dropping. I’ve lost more than 15 miles this year…

It’s not enough to convince me I need a new car payment.

Reactions: pilotSteve and ngng
I'm not so sure this is an attempt to boost MX sales. There were very few model x inventory avail this fall 2023 compared with winter, spring, and summer 2023 before the multiple price drops and its now current qualification for 7.5k rebate for those lucky to qualify.

I suspect as Tesla attempts to gain its monopoly on NACS charging, it's trying to eliminate SC01. Perhaps those current budget buyers interested in our higher mileage used 2016 2017 discounted MX with SC01 are really utilizing that feature compared to those early adopters who didn't. They don't mind if OGs get SC05 on new MX since we didn't use it all that much anyway.

Here's to hoping I keep my 2023 MX with SC05 FUSC forever!

• Love
Reactions: singleview
I may have changed my tune. There's a good chance I'm going to put in an order for the MYP in the next few weeks. Not sure if I want to keep the X as a backup.
If I had the cash laying around I’d be thinking about it too but…. I just looked. In the last 12 months my FUSC saved me only $250 vs charging at home. Now I’m trying free charge more often so I could save maybe another $250. I’m not sure what the insurance rates on a new MY vs and old MX are but keeping both would negate any savings on my part.

This only makes sense if you planning a new car in the next 12 months anyway

If I had the cash laying around I’d be thinking about it too but…. I just looked. In the last 12 months my FUSC saved me only $250 vs charging at home. Now I’m trying free charge more often so I could save maybe another $250. I’m not sure what the insurance rates on a new MY vs and old MX are but keeping both would negate any savings on my part.

This only makes sense if you planning a new car in the next 12 months anyway

Ah, good point re: insurance. I should double check that. I wonder where the Y lands. We travel a lot and have saved at least 10k in charging!

I made a reservation for MXP so I can transfer my FUSC until I read here that the new models come with no USS. I am likely to cancel and wait until they bring a front bumper camera(hopefully in '24) seeing that the cybertruck will come with one.

• Helpful
Reactions: singleview
I made a reservation for MXP so I can transfer my FUSC until I read here that the new models come with no USS. I am likely to cancel and wait until they bring a front bumper camera(hopefully in '24) seeing that the cybertruck will come with one.
I'm glad they did away with the USS. I had mine chewed off twice by rodents and they never seemed to help me anyway. I don't get that close to objects without a spotter.

I see your rationale. As for me, I am taking this FUSC transfer offer as there are more than enough upsides.

I'm very tempted to take advantage of the FUSC offer but I'm still on the fence. I love reading others' rationale and thoughts on their own situations. Feel free to weigh in with your opinions on mine :)

I have a 2015 MS P85D, 88K miles, AP convenience features (AP1), MCU2, with SC01.

I also have a 2018 MX P100D, 75K miles, EAP (AP3), MCU2, with SC05.

So technically I have 2 vehicles eligible for the transfer. The S is just out of warranty, but I still love driving it. The only issue is the slow supercharging and limited range. The X has a warranty until 6/2027. I have free premium connectivity with both.

Thinking of a new X or S, or potentially both. Things I'm considering X vs. S, LR vs. Plaid. Preferred options vs. 80K config for the tax credit. On-time delivery for the incentives.

Reactions: pilotSteve