Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally! Free Unlimited Super Charging FUSC can be transferred

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are a lot of things to consider before you pull the trigger. I read the entire contract you must sign to transfer your supercharging to your next car. Two big issues are elephants in the room.

1) you must take delivery before December 31

2) if you sign the contract and cancel your order, you lose supercharging on your current car.

The problem with the first issue is if you order a new MX (which I have done), the expected delivery date is now December 30 through February 24. There is no promise that Tesla will honor cars ordered and not delivered before December 31. As you probably know, they did this with transferring FSD. So, there is a good chance they will honor it with supercharging. But there is no guarantee. The only way around this is to buy a car already in inventory and there are very few MX. So, you would most likely settle for a car not configured how you would order it.

The second issue is what happens if Tesla can't produce a car for you and you've already signed the contract. You will lose supercharging on your current car. I have an order for an MX but have not signed the contract yet. When you read the fine print you will also see that you only have to sign the contract before you take delivery.

Reactions: nicedrum
There are a lot of things to consider before you pull the trigger. I read the entire contract you must sign to transfer your supercharging to your next car. Two big issues are elephants in the room.

1) you must take delivery before December 31

2) if you sign the contract and cancel your order, you lose supercharging on your current car.

The problem with the first issue is if you order a new MX (which I have done), the expected delivery date is now December 30 through February 24. There is no promise that Tesla will honor cars ordered and not delivered before December 31. As you probably know, they did this with transferring FSD. So, there is a good chance they will honor it with supercharging. But there is no guarantee. The only way around this is to buy a car already in inventory and there are very few MX. So, you would most likely settle for a car not configured how you would order it.

The second issue is what happens if Tesla can't produce a car for you and you've already signed the contract. You will lose supercharging on your current car. I have an order for an MX but have not signed the contract yet. When you read the fine print you will also see that you only have to sign the contract before you take delivery.
I thought the same...but signed it anyway. My hope is Tesla won't screw me on this technicality as it would be outrageous...and that having it signed and approved further assures that I'll get the transfer even if the car arrives in the new year. Not signing is only an option up to 12/31...if one wants the transfer; signing it in the new year is not an option.

Last edited:
Not true. You only lose it if you take delivery, and then for some reason return the vehicle. (Like a lemon buyback.)
You may want to read the entire document. I have attached it, You will lose your current supercharging on your current car if

• you sign the document and do not take delivery on the car by December 31st
  • you sign the document and cancel the new car order
  • you sign the document take delivery on the car and return the car
  • there's a wording in the document that's very strange – it is found in number 6 -
  • 6 The forfeiture of free, unlimited Supercharging on your current vehicle cannot be reversed after you accept this Agreement, even in the event that the new vehicle is deemed a total loss or you cancel or reverse the purchase of your new vehicle after delivery.
  • What in the world do they mean that even if the new vehicle is deemed a total loss?

Attachments

• SUPERCHARGING TRANSFER BLANK.pdf
    293.1 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: singleview
You may want to read the entire document. I have attached it, You will lose your current supercharging on your current car if

• you sign the document and do not take delivery on the car by December 31st
  • you sign the document and cancel the new car order
  • you sign the document take delivery on the car and return the car
  • there's a wording in the document that's very strange – it is found in number 6 -
  • 6 The forfeiture of free, unlimited Supercharging on your current vehicle cannot be reversed after you accept this Agreement, even in the event that the new vehicle is deemed a total loss or you cancel or reverse the purchase of your new vehicle after delivery.
  • What in the world do they mean that even if the new vehicle is deemed a total loss?
I think it is pretty clear that you won't lose free supercharging unless those things (cancel, reverse, total loss) occur after you take delivery. There would be an uproar if Tesla removed supercharging for people who signed it but didn't get their cars before the end of the year.

Reactions: MP3Mike
I think it is pretty clear that you won't lose free supercharging unless those things (cancel, reverse, total loss) occur after you take delivery. There would be an uproar if Tesla removed supercharging for people who signed it but didn't get their cars before the end of the year.
Just a friendly reminder the US court system awarded a win to Kraft Foods for "100% Grated Parmesan Cheese" containing 20% wood pulp by weight because Kraft said it's (100% Grated) (Parmesan Cheese) and the judge agreed.

Like yes I agree a decent company and an ideal world would result in the interpretation you're describing, but time after time in the US it's shown that small wording nuances in legal cases tend to hold up.

Feinerman had dismissed the lawsuits in August 2017, but let the plaintiffs amend their cases.

In his earlier ruling, he had said “100% Grated Parmesan Cheese” was ambiguous, because it could mean a product contained 100 percent cheese, or that 100 percent of the cheese was parmesan, or that the parmesan was 100 percent grated.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Just a friendly reminder the US court system awarded a win to Kraft Foods for "100% Grated Parmesan Cheese" containing 20% wood pulp by weight because Kraft said it's (100% Grated) (Parmesan Cheese) and the judge agreed.

Like yes I agree a decent company and an ideal world would result in the interpretation you're describing, but time after time in the US it's shown that small wording nuances in legal cases tend to hold up.
Yes, I agree with you that it is possible that they would do that, I just don't think it is very likely. But then again, I'm waiting to sign to just before delivery...

Reactions: chillaban
Yes, I agree with you that it is possible that they would do that, I just don't think it is very likely. But then again, I'm waiting to sign to just before delivery...
I'm with you there, buddy. I chickened out a little in terms of scrambling to find a like-new inventory X, but I also waited until the very last minute to sign the FUSC agreement because the wording was just ambiguous enough that I wasn't sure what'd happen if I rejected delivery. Is that literally not taking delivery or does Tesla consider it accepting delivery for a split second and then "returning" the car? With all this Plaid payment clearing stuff it's extra ambiguous given they basically just do a funds check and no exchange of money actually occurs on delivery day.

I really hope Tesla does you right too! This is my 6th Tesla and I've had overwhelmingly positive experiences but I've also experienced and read enough that blind faith scares me.

I would call and ask for the form to be sent to you ASAP. Complete and send back via reply (not anyone else) as soon as you can. It should be uploaded and approved before you take delivery.

Sent the advisor a message and they are aware I want to transfer. Are you suggesting to sign and reply to the Tesla chat with the document? Does it need to be approved?

Reactions: SSonnentag