Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally getting second EV - any hints?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
now, I do not want to say anything.. no judging... but it looks like you are married to teenager...
giphy.gif
I noticed it could be read that way but I figured everyone would be smart enough not to.......

Reactions: schnaxxl
Centre dash screen now disabled due to a software update? ..or is that just my Tesla update experience talking? ;)

Really like the sound of the 500e, I'm fed up how wide the MY is around town and for parking. Just need the wife to want to move on from her completely reliable and comfortable Lexus, hmm. 🤔

Interested in how you continue to find it, it seems very economical. 👍
It's very easy to love the 500e. Good quality build, economical & efficient around town, nippy performance (very slight lag off-the-line compared to a Tesla), tiny turning circle & very easy to park. Regeneration and hold features are also similar to the Tesla, whereas suspension, AHB lighting, wipers, rear camera parking & ultrasonic sensors are not.

...pictures taken at collection of my wifes' car (but the only things actually hers were the number plates)
IMG_4781.JPG
IMG_4787.JPG

I don’t normally venture outside the Aus/NZ part of this forum, but I was casting around to see whether anyone else has a Tesla and a Fiat
we recently added a 500e La Prima to the fleet to go with my 2022 Model 3 LR
spouse loves it - she’s a former Bambino owner, so had a soft spot as well as a realistic expectation about interior space
she and the dog are getting around in style
only quibble is the heat coming through the glass roof - Sydney sun is very hot indeed
the blind that is meant to filter this heat is very much not up to the job
I’ve cast around for something like the roof shades that are readily available for Teslas, no luck so far

the fleet in repose:

IMG_2615.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ACarneiro
Also loving ours, although the software is a mess compared to the Tesla 😂. 6 different places on 2 different screens to change things, some of which are interrelated and some isn't, and a variety of different names for the same thing, depending who did the translation that day.

Can't help with the sunshade tho I'm afraid - our RED is sold roof. Considered modding the stock shade to add more reflective backing? You could also ppf with an IR reflective film? Most PPF shops should have some you can get put on - key is that will be on the outside stopping the heat getting in, where anything you do inside the car is always too late as the heat is already in.

I would consider a Renault ZE50, GTLine, dirt cheap second hand, and discounted new as range has just stopped production as Renault will be concentrating on Renault 5 ev. Had three since 2016, Ze20, Ze40 and facelifted Ze50.
Never let me down

I would consider a Renault ZE50, GTLine, dirt cheap second hand, and discounted new as range has just stopped production as Renault will be concentrating on Renault 5 ev. Had three since 2016, Ze20, Ze40 and facelifted Ze50.
Never let me down
I was concerned about the 0 NCAP stars, although there is presumably more behind that than meets the eye? Did have it on the short list at one point, low milage second hand ones were an absolute steal.

You could also ppf with an IR reflective film? Most PPF shops should have some you can get put on - key is that will be on the outside stopping the heat getting in, where anything you do inside the car is always too late as the heat is already in.
yep
I’m thinking of looking into that
we had some film done on the windows but were told that the roof was already tinted, and they’re somehow different
the guy who did my Model 3 is a helpful chap, so I’ll discuss with him

Reactions: Avendit
I was concerned about the 0 NCAP stars, although there is presumably more behind that than meets the eye? Did have it on the short list at one point, low milage second hand ones were an absolute steal.
They tested the basic car which had no assistance tech and it was miserable. Mine had all the gear, GtLine, but my model had no emergency braking. But if I hadn't bought a M3 I would still have her.. drove mg4, Kona, e208 and they didn't convince me to change. Preferred the Zoe.. she is getting long in tooth but the Ze50 would be a great cheap 2nd car

Reactions: Avendit
i’ve just put a deposit down on a 2014 Zoe 22kwh it’s replacing the other half’s Aygo that has done over 100k miles and ready for the scrap heap. I was quite impressed when we test drove it on saturday, it only had 17k on the clock and in mint condition. the garage has bought out the lease on the battery so don’t need to worry about lease costs of the battery. I know it only does 80 miles per charge, but the missus only does 20 miles daily commute so perfect little run around

i’ve just put a deposit down on a 2014 Zoe 22kwh it’s replacing the other half’s Aygo that has done over 100k miles and ready for the scrap heap. I was quite impressed when we test drove it on saturday, it only had 17k on the clock and in mint condition. the garage has bought out the lease on the battery so don’t need to worry about lease costs of the battery. I know it only does 80 miles per charge, but the missus only does 20 miles daily commute so perfect little run around
My two daughters both drive Zoes and love them. We have a 3 phase electricity supply and a 22Kw Andersen charger, so charging them at 22Kw takes no time at all. Just as well because there are four EVs in our household. Just a shame my M3 is limited to 11Kw.

Haha no, there is an absolutely huge ‘sound box’ that makes an extremely loud engine sound. Takes up the entire under boot
I have some weird plastic thing under the floor on my La Prima taking up all the space and I have no idea what it is. I don't think it makes engine noises though.
The other annoying thing is there is more than enough space under the bonnet for the cables but they have not provided any storage there either so the main boot is the only place for the cable bag in mine as well

I have some weird plastic thing under the floor on my La Prima taking up all the space and I have no idea what it is. I don't think it makes engine noises though.
The other annoying thing is there is more than enough space under the bonnet for the cables but they have not provided any storage there either so the main boot is the only place for the cable bag in mine as well
We have a polystyrene tray with spaces for tyre inflator kit and other bits n bobs. But there was a hollow that the charge cable could be coiled into. I'll get a photo later.

IMG_20240402_110241.jpg
Squeezes in there.