Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally got a VIN and almost built...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be honest, I’ve had three Qashqai’s absolutely loved them and now drive an X-Trail mainly because I wanted something different but the new xtrail is essentially a Qashqai +2

Always had a lot of stick for my love of Nissan but now I’ve sold my 350z and getting rid of the xtrail I now get stuck for buying a Tesla... people just be hatin

To be honest, I’ve had three Qashqai’s absolutely loved them and now drive an X-Trail mainly because I wanted something different but the new xtrail is essentially a Qashqai +2

Always had a lot of stick for my love of Nissan but now I’ve sold my 350z and getting rid of the xtrail I now get stuck for buying a Tesla... people just be hatin

Going from an X-Trail to a Model X is going to be a very nice experience for you! Our Qashqai is a second gen 2014 model Tekna diesel and for a £25K car it's pretty hard to fault. But the Model X is so vastly superior in every respect except for the surround cam in the Qashqai! That is the only thing I miss when parking really close to the kerb.

I read today ... Electrek I think ... that the Model-3 Invitation Tesla sends you says its "some months" until delivery, and some other "forms to fill in", but if you then tick "Pay Cash" you get a "Delivery update" which is somewhere between one and two weeks ... bit of a shock if you thought that you had a few months to save up!

Delivery team emailed me today to see if I could take delivery the first or second week of September, very pleased to get it then rather than month end
Could you tell us when you ordered the car please? (Deposit). This will give all of us an up-to-date appreciation of real- life timelines. Tesla website claims that if you order a car today 8/7 you will get it in September which I find hard to believe. Thanks!

Could you tell us when you ordered the car please? (Deposit). This will give all of us an up-to-date appreciation of real- life timelines. Tesla website claims that if you order a car today 8/7 you will get it in September which I find hard to believe. Thanks!

You are right to be sceptical of that timeline, it is just possible an order today would get to you by end of September. That’s also end of quarter which is all Tesla are interested in. It takes about 2 months from when the car leaves the factory to it being available for collection.

The actual production process is pretty quick, only a few days. In my own case the ordered was confirmed and VIN issued on the 30th Oct. It didn’t go into production until the 22nd Dec. Delivery 1st March. Big smile ever since :D

Sadly I don’t think I’ll be much hope as I didn’t select the earliest date I order around the end of April just before the referral scheme changed when they dropped the £375 credit “I just got it” so I’ve had a long long wait.

As mentioned by @DJP31 the production side of things isn’t that long mine will be about a week if it’s finished this week as they said it would. Interestingly though I just logged on to my account and it’s sayin still in production but deliver Is:

• Estimated Delivery Range: Late August - September
Now that would be a shock if it came a little early, in fairness I’m not sure how as time from completion to delivery for the UK according to the tracker is about 50/60 days.

If that is true then I suspect if you left it another two weeks to order then it’s going to be October for delivery as the delivery takes forever!!

Thanks.

Put my order on the 25/06. Was confirmed in the 2 nd of July. Tesla said should be delivered by end of August and I wonder if other (recent) owner had a similar experience or all this is over optimistic....

Thanks.

Put my order on the 25/06. Was confirmed in the 2 nd of July. Tesla said should be delivered by end of August and I wonder if other (recent) owner had a similar experience or all this is over optimistic....

It’s over optimistic IMO. 2 months of the wait are pure logistics - the looong slow train journey to Houston, ship to Tilburg / rebuild / ship to UK.

Keep checking your My Tesla, for the all important “into production” and then a few days or so later the “in transit” update. These are largely automated (everything after these are manual) and your 2 month clock starts ticking.

Also, the delivery timescales e.g late Aug/early Sept means the last two weeks in Aug and first two in Sept.Until the car is on the container ship your DS can’t be any more specific than that.

Got confirmation that my model x left the factory. Also, they say delivery September early October. When I ordered, they were adamant that delivery was going to be late August. I ordered end of June. In essence the message to potential buyers is: 1. Tesla sales people will tell you lies regarding delivery. 2. Add 4-6 weeks to the estimated delivery claimed on the website (order page)

BTW the extra wait does not bother me at all but cannot understand why the sales people and the delivery team tell you all these porkies. Would have been so nice and refreshing to be straight from the start! I would have ordered earlier in fact!

Tesla sales people will tell you lies regarding delivery

It may also be that they Back Office Systems are so shockingly awful that they aren't given a date that takes into account actual production scheduling.

They can't predict when spare parts will arrive, so how would they know when a car will? I would expect, in the modern era, and for a large company, that even a part that is not-yet-built can be assigned a production batch, a schedule and thus a delivery time - quite possibly down to the hour of delivery, but Tesla has none of that and the consequence is that all their faithful supporters put up with this hogwash.

You know it.... if only I can find the ship

I’ll bet you a box of Jaffa cakes you’re on this:

DA8E4F2B-0D29-4F56-A973-F987D221FCD4.png