Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally ready to present - S75D + Wheels + Tint + Spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up this car a little over 2 weeks ago and it's been absolutely amazing. I was a bit hesitant of giving up a normal, manual transmission (the other car I was considering was a new M4) but I can seriously never go back. The car is just so buttery smooth - yes it's missing some "luxuries" other cars may have, but I feel as if the car is in it's own class and a different kind of luxury that comes from the driving experience.

As soon as I got the car, I scheduled to have tint done (Huper Optik Drei), purchased some 21" Turbine grey wheels off eBay and wrapped them in Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, and added 20mm spacers all around. Absolutely look the look and love the car.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

Tired a few different sized spacers. 20mm is definitely the right size for the front...the rear I keep going back and forth between the 20mm and the 25mm (pictures have the 20mm). From some angles, the 20mm look better and from some the 25mm look better.

1.jpg

Was surprised to see that the car has Brembo brakes, and that it has two calipers on the rear wheels? Never actually seen that before.

3.jpg

2.jpg

Im also on 21" turbines and i'm using the same spacers as you.. you didn't get rubbing when you turn the wheel? i'm getting pretty bad rubbing.. thinking i may need to get smaller spacers..

did the 20" spacers rub on you?

Rubbed for me. I imagine it does for most people. I see a lot of people suggesting that you should heat up your fender well plastic and push it out...I suppose you can, but the better answer seems to be - have the caster adjusted.

How-CasterAngle.gif

Adjusting the caster back a few degrees will move the front wheels sliiiightly farther back in the wheel well, and give you the clearance you need.

My issue with the spacers is shaking. I imagine I must have a slightly unbalanced wheel, because i get random shaking in the wheel between 75 and 90 mph.

I'm in the process of getting that fixed - because like OP said, it's a crime to run factory wheels without spacers....they're so inset!

Reactions: davidc18
I have stock 5 spoke 19's and the 20 MM spacers on mine allow the lug bolts to stick out too far so the wheel can't go flush with the spacer. Thinking I need at least 25's but don't really want to go that wide on front. Anyone with stock 19's have issues or are my lug bolts just unusually long?

used-2015-tesla-model_s-4drsedanawd70d-5931-18263141-3-640.jpg

Reactions: peakay