Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finance Rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At "from 7.99%", Pepper is about twice the rate of mainstream lenders so clearly a lender of last resort.

Pepper and Macquarie have the same Tesla subsidised rate of 4.34%, you have to ask them for this rate and it comes from their Asset Finance Group.

Got this email from them:

"Our Interest rate is 4.34% comparison rate – meaning we do not charge any origination fee, establishment fee or monthly account keeping fees."

[email protected]

Dunken in the Tesla Model 3 Australia facebook group posted this

Tesla Model 3 Australia

Peppers just contacted me with this...
"Just thought I’d tell you the good news first, our interest rate has dropped from 4.34% to 3.89% comparison rate."
Anyone can call Pepper Money on 1300 131 572

I wonder if Macquarie will match this rate, given that they are both Tesla financiers and the Tesla website acts as the “universal rate”, and its still at 4.34%. With the last rate change I think it took a little time to update.

What is ANZ offering for personal loans?

They don't do personal car loans. May do a 'personal loan' but obviously high interest

I wonder if Macquarie will match this rate, given that they are both Tesla financiers and the Tesla website acts as the “universal rate”, and its still at 4.34%. With the last rate change I think it took a little time to update.

I am pretty sure I heard on another forum or facebook that they are matching the new 3.8% money pepper rate now.

I assume Pepper and Macquarie are also ok with an unknown delivery date?

I thought a finance pre-approval would have a time limit, 30 days maybe? And we're still 30+ days out from model 3 deliveries.

Macquarie credit approval is good for 90 days, extending it is easy and you just need to verify nothing has changed. No further credit hit is what I was told.

Because of these changes, I suspect that Tesla must have some agreement with Pepper / Macquarie saying their rate will always be base interest rate + a certain amount of margin. Wonder if we will see another drop if central bank rates drop again as predicted.

I will be truly surprised if rates drop again. Rates are finally starting to affect house prices and amongst other factors, I think this is the lowest rate we will get prior to us getting our Tesla's. 3.89 is an absolute steal - funny to think it's better than some people's residential mortgage rates, haha.

Question - has anybody done a chattel mortgage through Pepper? If so, did they allow PAYG income to be the main source of serviceability?

Cheers