Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My appointment was 5pm. We got there early and I told them I have a trade in vehicle. Someone helped us and removed the license plate. WE check in early and once the clock hit 5pm someone was helping us with the paper work. WE waited longer for the insurance people since they were really busy. Once it's our turn it took a while because of the trade in vehicle and transfer of insurance. When we got to the vehicle, I have extra help from my daughter and her BF in checking it out. The paint was perfect and at a time we didn't see any misalignment issues, it's today that I find out there's a misalignment near the trunk. But for me, it's doesn't really bother me. Over all, it was a good experience.

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing, this was very useful to me! I now know more what to expect. Hoping to order in the next two weeks!

I called Toronto and all they told me was its between 4.25 - 4.6 , but I told her last month it was 3.9/4.06 . She replied with meh depends, on ur credit. So I just wrote off anything that was being said, and will call again later.

I was at the Montreal store on Monday, asking about trade in, and financing options. Was told that the current 60 month and less rates are 3.3% with Scotia and another bank (BMO?). The sales adviser did mention that these rates are not updated on the Tesla site.

As for the standard white colour, he had no news on that front. :|

I'm currently looking into the possibility of getting the Standard Range Plus priced at 54,990$ CAD and since I'm in Quebec, I can expect the 13,000$ incentive (combined with federal). I know there's documentation and delivery charges but does someone in here have a breakdown of how much you need to pay upfront at delivery (including the initial deposit) as I want to have an idea of what to expect. Thank you!

Here's mine. I ordered SR+ White pearl (1300.00) I have a Trade in and a DP. Financed by RB and 60 mos. to pay. You will get the final price agreement 2 days before pick up. I used Scotia bank car loan calculator, is not 100% accurate but at least I have a rough idea how much i'm going to pay. Wifey doesn't want to pay full cash. :)

Attachments

• Final.pdf
    522.2 KB · Views: 166
  • Informative
Reactions: Monduiz
I'm currently looking into the possibility of getting the Standard Range Plus priced at 54,990$ CAD and since I'm in Quebec, I can expect the 13,000$ incentive (combined with federal). I know there's documentation and delivery charges but does someone in here have a breakdown of how much you need to pay upfront at delivery (including the initial deposit) as I want to have an idea of what to expect. Thank you!
A few facts:
- You have to pay both taxes at delivery (TPS+TVQ) + SAAQ (immatriculation)
- The 5K$ from the Federal is discounted in the source (from the total price of the car with taxes)
- You have to pay the 8K$ from Quebec incentive and ask for a reimbursement. Payment from Quebec after several weeks (or you can just finance this amount and cash the 8K$)
- You have to pay the 3200 $ reservation fee upfront
- The remaining of the upfront payment depends on your financing

• Informative
Reactions: Vawlkus
Got the same for 84 months
Hi, planning to buy this month as well. Skimmed through this thread but still some questions, so basically we order then dealer will send us the finance quote/interest rate (RBC/Soctia etc.) then we choose one or look outside to get a better quote? Or it is like whatever the best dealer can offer would be our last option? How did it go for you?

Thank you.

Hi, planning to buy this month as well. Skimmed through this thread but still some questions, so basically we order then dealer will send us the finance quote/interest rate (RBC/Soctia etc.) then we choose one or look outside to get a better quote? Or it is like whatever the best dealer can offer would be our last option? How did it go for you?

Thank you.
Tesla does have a short list of financiers, including themselves, but who they go to first depends on where you are in Canada.