Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing the P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I opted to finance my p85d since rates are dirt cheap and 130k could work for me at around 4-8% from investments...

efcu wasted 2 weeks of my time and finally came back at 70k finance at 1.99. I call that total bull having a long history of luxury cars... Aventador, flying spur speed, the list goes on. Didn't bother to offer a reason either even with great credit...

i went to dcu, 100% financing at 1.24. That's called money in the bank....

What is DCU?

I opted to finance my p85d since rates are dirt cheap and 130k could work for me at around 4-8% from investments...

efcu wasted 2 weeks of my time and finally came back at 70k finance at 1.99. I call that total bull having a long history of luxury cars... Aventador, flying spur speed, the list goes on. Didn't bother to offer a reason either even with great credit...

i went to dcu, 100% financing at 1.24. That's called money in the bank....

I think Tesla will require your ss. Anything that is cash over 10k has to be recorded via ss number. This is what I was told

Tesla doesn't actually take cash. They'll take checks or wires or ACH transfers. None of which require a suspicious activity report to FinCEN. Beyond that I don't think Tesla would have to file a suspicious activity report anyway since they aren't a bank or a money services business (think check cashing businesses, Western Union etc). The only ID number I had to give Tesla when I bought the first vehicle was my drivers license number and that's because Washington requires it to register the car.

for people who went through EFCU, can i direct transfer from your exisitng bacnk account or do you need to open a checking or savings account with them? just curious....and hopefully they keep the rates low for when i go to apply in feb/march (hopefully)

I sent them a check. It took a couple pf days for the account to open after they got the paperwork. Application was a breeze. Everyone's recommendation of Mary Johnson is right on. They will approve your car loan up to 60 days in advance of closing. One caveat is other's have reported that they may change some of the awesome terms they offer for EV finance starting January 15th. Hope it isn't true.

Here is a link to their page on how to open an account:

Membership Application Directions :: Join Now :: Energy Federal Credit Union

I sent them a check. It took a couple pf days for the account to open after they got the paperwork. Application was a breeze. Everyone's recommendation of Mary Johnson is right on. They will approve your car loan up to 60 days in advance of closing. One caveat is other's have reported that they may change some of the awesome terms they offer for EV finance starting January 15th. Hope it isn't true.

Here is a link to their page on how to open an account:

Membership Application Directions :: Join Now :: Energy Federal Credit Union

Thanks for the reply...but I was asking if you can pay the loan with an external account after loan approval. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks for the reply...but I was asking if you can pay the loan with an external account after loan approval. Can anyone confirm?

I don't have a loan yet, but my understanding is EFCU won't do automatic pulls from an external account. However, they do not require automatic payments for their best rates. So you can simply set up a scheduled payment from your bank and push the payment, rather than pull.

They are definitely not being consistent. I had a loan with EFCU before I traded my car in for a P85D. EFCU only supported a push from the external bank. It was actually a bit of a pain. I asked Sandra a few weeks ago when I was applying for a new loan. She said this had not changed. Who did you hear about the pull method from external accounts?