Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

financing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a head's up: you need a FICO score of >=780 on Equifax to get the 1.61 rate. Then deduct 1% for EV/hybrid. They won't give you the 10 extra basis points for automatic payments with the EV discount.

Last edited:
once you join they will start the loan approval process, so yeah, you cant really get any information out of them before joining. i was told it was quick and easy if that makes any difference.

Also using Mary Johnson at EFCU. It's a bit of a mess to be honest, but she's very nice and says she's got 5-10 Tesla apps on her desk right now. The messy part for instance, is I filled out a membership app for that Chinese place and listed my spouse as joint. But when she went to put loan in she wouldn't put my spouse on there. She had to fill out ANOTHER membership app. in order for us to do a joint loan. Very strange, but whatever, keeping the end goal of 1.11 in mind.

Also using Mary Johnson at EFCU. It's a bit of a mess to be honest, but she's very nice and says she's got 5-10 Tesla apps on her desk right now. The messy part for instance, is I filled out a membership app for that Chinese place and listed my spouse as joint. But when she went to put loan in she wouldn't put my spouse on there. She had to fill out ANOTHER membership app. in order for us to do a joint loan. Very strange, but whatever, keeping the end goal of 1.11 in mind.

working with her as well, i had to send in an application for both myself and my co-signer. a little bit tedious since you have to snail mail everything, but the interest rate should make it worth it.

so i just got off the phone with them apparently they countered with a 25,000 loan even though i was just able to buy a house which makes little to no sense to me.
interesting. hopefully I dont run in to this. We have a combined income north of 400k, so I wouldn't think that would be an issue. Curious if buying the house some how affected the loan amount based on income/debt ratio perhaps (i had this issue when applying for my mortgage years ago)? Its been a long time since ive done a car loan.

this is a little concerning. there are a few people on here that are financing with them currently. Maybe they did not finance that much of the car?
edit: it looks like commasign on page 3 of this thread was qualified for 75000 off the bat. now im even more confused. I should get a call in the next day or two so hopefully this gets worked out quickly in case im ending up with another CU

yup i had a 797 with 120k income, i just got off the phone with alliant they approved me for 85%, she said shes gonna rework it and try and get me at least 90%, weird that they didnt approve me for a dollar amount but a % no matter the cost.