Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

firearm storage pictures only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be far more helpful if you would respect his decision to not carry a firearm as much as the rest of us respect your decision to carry one.

So you also believe that episode on CBS where somebody dropped their Glock and shot somebody? :rolleyes:

In any case, I live in a Draconian Mommy State where everything is restricted not just firearms.
"You can take my drinking straw when you pry it from my cold dead Slurpee.":mad:

• Funny
Reactions: E Dizzle
So you also believe that episode on CBS where somebody dropped their Glock and shot somebody? :rolleyes:

No, why would I? I have lived with and used firearms my entire life, and I'm well aware of Hollywood's penchant for the dramatic as well as the media's thirst for the sensational.

@Garlan Garner is asking legitimate questions because he wants to know how you balance risk and need. Your judgment of his questions is dismissive and disrespectful. Answer his questions with facts and without judgement and he might understand your position, even if he doesn't believe it's a position for him to embrace.

In any case, I live in a Draconian Mommy State where everything is restricted not just firearms.
"You can take my drinking straw when you pry it from my cold dead Slurpee.":mad:
Ouch! Nebraska man, 32, accidentally shoots himself in the GENITALS | Daily Mail Online
Man drops gun, shoots himself in genitals
Man drops gun, shoots himself in genitals
Police: Man drops gun, shoots self in genitals
Man drops gun, shoots himself in foot in Leland
man drops gun and shot himself - Google Search

No, why would I? I have lived with and used firearms my entire life, and I'm well aware of Hollywood's penchant for the dramatic as well as the media's thirst for the sensational.

@Garlan Garner is asking legitimate questions because he wants to know how you balance risk and need. Your judgment of his questions is dismissive and disrespectful. Answer his questions with facts and without judgement and he might understand your position, even if he doesn't believe it's a position for him to embrace.

The thread is concerning how Tesla owners store their firearms in their car. GG has no interest in the topic it appears. Try this:

"Exactly which models of TPMS's will work on Teslas?"
>>"You should never use anything but Tesla sensors, and only buy tires from Tesla."

There is already too much of that nonsense here. This is about cars, not life choices.

I'm reading this thread for topic information. I learned something. Others are here to start a fight to get the thread locked.

Last edited:
Everyone, our perspectives and opinions on firearms is shaped by our upbringing, our parents’ values, what state we live in and how restrictive the laws are in our respective states.

Most folks who grew up in states with restrictive gun laws or in urban areas (usually those two coincide), do not have any experience with guns and having a gun in your car is anathema and some may view as dangerous.

Others who grew up in more rural areas and/or states with loose gun laws view guns like a tractor, or a car or a cell phone. Everyone has one and it’s not a big deal.

Let’s respect our differences and values. Unfortunately guns have been politicized to the nth degree so most folks cannot have a rationale and reasoned discussion on guns; certainly cannot be done on forums like this.

Just my 2 cents.

Great idea - thanks !

This looks like a perfect fit. Two questions:
1. What model/caliber?
2. On which side of that compartment did you mount the magnet ? Any pics of that ?

I guess that’s technically 3 questions ;)

Its the Ruger ec9s 9mm carry, very small gun with only 7 rounds but cost effective at 250 dollars.

Left side of the compartment so im reaching in with my right hand

Last edited:

Hopefully that is a paper straw and not a plastic one.

View attachment 534762

But for real, my Ruger LCP or M&P Shield usually lives in the armrest tray or door pocket when I’m in the car. Keeping an eye on the lockbox thread for times when I need to leave the car without it. Use the glovebox for now.

Yea since theres a voice command now to open glove box I may go that route too , but I just feels like its a reach and speed for opening that thing. Frunk with AR is awesome but I wouldn't go that far with it as it just adds trouble if pulled over. I have a CAA micro Roni in my under trunk should I need bracing, its not a firearm just attachment that pretty much converts my glock 19 to sbr. 2 x 30 round mags :)
Micro-Roni-Gen-4-YRSInc-CAA-Industries-2019-New-Model-Closed.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Yea since theres a voice command now to open glove box I may go that route too , but I just feels like its a reach and speed for opening that thing. Frunk with AR is awesome but I wouldn't go that far with it as it just adds trouble if pulled over. I have a CAA micro Roni in my under trunk should I need bracing, its not a firearm just attachment that pretty much converts my glock 19 to sbr. 2 x 30 round mags :)View attachment 534794

We were going out to the range so it was just a joke pic I took a while ago to see if it fit :)

That's great.. Looks like they don't make any to fit my XD's though and I don't have any glocks, have you used it much?

I may build an AR Pistol or just buy a Springfield SAINT

At first I thought @Garlan Garner was kidding with those replies. I guess he's serious.
After over two decades of L.E. and a large portion teaching firearms to Tier One units, I have learned that firearms discussions with anti firearms people is like arguing with pit bull owners. They have their own opinions, facts wont sway them, its a pointless argument. I just do my best to educate.

The bigger question to the OP is...Is the firearm you are mounting your secondary weapon, and if its not, why is it not on you. It does you no good when you step out the car. CCW's save lives. If its your backup, and no need to conceal it, consider something with a higher capacity.

All respectfully stated.