Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firestone can do M3 alignment (lifetime)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 M3 and last year, Firestone said no when I asked. Last week when I asked again...they said yes! I've had Firestone do all my ICE cars for years and they've done a good job. Thinking of buying the lifetime alignment for my M3 right now with $30 off. What do y'all think??

Reactions: Blubrown21
I have a 2020 M3 and last year, Firestone said no when I asked. Last week when I asked again...they said yes! I've had Firestone do all my ICE cars for years and they've done a good job. Thinking of buying the lifetime alignment for my M3 right now with $30 off. What do y'all think??
Car is car and 5 link rear is a 5 link rear. Just make sure they get it within spec and it is squared off with zero to a tiny bit of toe-in up front and you are good to go!

Thanks for the replies. I just called them to confirm and the guy asks me for the VIN number to confirm...hmmm, don't all M3s have the same 5 link rear?! Makes me a little nervous now. FYI: lifetime alignment in Los Angeles area is $169.99 after promotion.

Thanks for the replies. I just called them to confirm and the guy asks me for the VIN number to confirm...hmmm, don't all M3s have the same 5 link rear?! Makes me a little nervous now. FYI: lifetime alignment in Los Angeles area is $169.99 after promotion.
Yes, all the same, RWD, AWD or AWD performance. Just like all the BMW none M 3-series all have the same 5 link rear but may have different specs. He did the right thing to ask for your VIN to verify.

I've used firestone for years for all my ICE cars. Now I plan on doing it with my Teslas. Hopefully here in WA there is no problem.

I bought their life time alignment the other year when they had the New year $160 promotion forlifetime alignment and had It aligned just once, no problem.

Replaced my OEM tires with the Michelin AS4s and figured I'd take it in to get a alignment. According to them, they can still do the alignment but may possibly have to take it in to Tesla for the ADAS? Not sure what that is but apparently the steering wheel may not be straight. Not sure what this BS is but my first alignment at this same store went well enough. They also apparently don't offer lifetime anymore to new Tesla.

I decided not to get it aligned and do my research on this. Can't really find much info. I may just go ahead and get it aligned since it will be free and if there are issues when I'll have to take it to Tesla. Not very confident.

I bought their life time alignment the other year when they had the New year $160 promotion forlifetime alignment and had It aligned just once, no problem.

Replaced my OEM tires with the Michelin AS4s and figured I'd take it in to get a alignment. According to them, they can still do the alignment but may possibly have to take it in to Tesla for the ADAS? Not sure what that is but apparently the steering wheel may not be straight. Not sure what this BS is but my first alignment at this same store went well enough. They also apparently don't offer lifetime anymore to new Tesla.

I decided not to get it aligned and do my research on this. Can't really find much info. I may just go ahead and get it aligned since it will be free and if there are issues when I'll have to take it to Tesla. Not very confident.
Man, my local Firestone says no because they need to have the car's cameras recalibrated after an alignment, and they don't have that information. I tried to explain that it isn't necessary, but insisted it's not allowed.

Lame

Apparently the ADAS calibrates itself after you drive like 25miles. The only thing I found that only Tesla can do, apparently, is adjust the steering angle via tesla toolbox. But the thing is this wasn't ever a issue my first time I got it aligned. Doesn't make me confident lol.