Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.16 features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received the update last night and overall I'm happy with it but there are a few weird things I've noticed...

First - The new visualization is awesome. I love it. However, I do feel like the "jumpiness" of other vehicles on the road around me, specifically at traffic lights, has gone up significantly. Super small thing but definitely noticeable...and honestly a bit embarrassing when coworkers/friends are riding in the car. I'm sure it'll get smoothed out though.

Second - And this is something that I'm actually happy about... When I'm using NoA, the auto lane changes are now happening without any input from me - hands completely off the steering wheel. However, it doesn't seem like this is intentional because the screen is still turning blue and asking for the input...I just have to wait 2-3 seconds and it initiates the lane change anyway. We'll see if it stays this way and the nags go away completely, or if they'll update it and actually require the input...hope it's the first :rolleyes:.

Anyone else see this happening for them?

Went from 5.15 to 16.2 today. Do the updates include previous updates that were skipped? I'm mostly wondering about the 5% power increase.

That's really the only update I care about.

Yep, should be under "previous release notes":

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 9.15.07 AM.png

WHOAAA are you saying I have stop light recognition now??????? I have a LR RWD from last May... EAP and FSD. OH and yeah I didn't get the mileage bump yet either ...but will full charge it tonight and see.
I got stop light recognition in my Model S with version 2019.12.1.1 (which I am still on) so you would have it. However, mine works more like an emergency situation. Just about 1 second before running the red light I get emergency RED in my dash to stop. Would be nice to get an indication about 3-5 seconds before I get there. So has been pretty useless for me so far.

I'm anxiously awaiting the first update since I've gotten the car, but do I understand correctly that AP3 has us held up in the queue? I'm running the highest 12 release reported on TeslaFi for AP3 cars.

I'm in the same boat as you here. Still no update.. I'm on the highest 12 release also. Earlier on this thread there was a statement that there was no ability to distinguish between the AP2.5 and AP3 models on teslafi as the API shows them as the same. But from here it looks like maybe AP3 cars are not getting the latest?

I'm in the same boat as you here. Still no update.. I'm on the highest 12 release also. Earlier on this thread there was a statement that there was no ability to distinguish between the AP2.5 and AP3 models on teslafi as the API shows them as the same. But from here it looks like maybe AP3 cars are not getting the latest?

Pretty sure there are examples in this thread of HW3 drivers getting 2019.16. Not sure about 2019.16.2 though. But I'm confident TeslaFi does not differentiate for Model 3s. Looked at the Tesla API myself and there's no way to tell for Model 3.

I got stop light recognition in my Model S with version 2019.12.1.1 (which I am still on) so you would have it. However, mine works more like an emergency situation. Just about 1 second before running the red light I get emergency RED in my dash to stop. Would be nice to get an indication about 3-5 seconds before I get there. So has been pretty useless for me so far.

I think that's probably the intent. I finally found some road conditions where I was comfortable trying to trigger it, and got it to trigger -- but it's more of a "STOP RIGHT FRAKKING NOW OR WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!1!1!!, rather than "dear driver, may i bring to your attention that there seems to be a red light somewhere ahead".

• Funny
Reactions: DDotJ
Starting to feel like yesterday was a 50% rollout with some cars that weren't connected to wifi until today. The massive wave on TeslaFi yesterday started at around 12 PM EST; I feel like if we were going to see the other half today we would have seen it already.

Starting to feel like yesterday was a 50% rollout with some cars that weren't connected to wifi until today. The massive wave on TeslaFi yesterday started at around 12 PM EST; I feel like if we were going to see the other half today we would have seen it already.

Same here. :( Have a big trip planned and was really hoping to have the lane assist addons. Fingers crossed.

The plot thickens for California folks: 2019.15.11 is now being rolled out, so far only to Model 3s, and 7 out of 10 in California...
Interesting. Was speaking with a Mobile Service tech today and he was able to push 2019.16.2 to my Model 3. Guess I'm one of the lucky few in California :p

One thing I've never seen before, it detected a dotted bike lane (the area you drive into to make a right turn) as a new narrow lane in the visualization.
o2PHrrV.jpg

And the lane departure assist worked really well, surprised by how smoothly it guided me back into my lane.

Last edited: