Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.28.X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 28.2 this eve and got 28.1 last eve. MCU 2/AP 2.5. Just the addition of dog mode improvement promised by Elon. See the release notes.
IMG_20190802_185716.jpg

Got 28.2 this eve and got 28.1 last eve. MCU 2/AP 2.5. Just the addition of dog mode improvement promised by Elon. See the release notes.
View attachment 437053
One other data point after 28.2 and 28.1 rollout-speaker sound was amazing last night, when I drove. During some recent updates I lost the hifi sound and now it sounds great. Again, this may be just some bug fix.

I noticed some random driver side headlight flashing tonight. This was the first time I am noticing this. I posted release notes etc earlier after I got 28.2 on 8/2 and 28.1 on 8/1 and did notice this earlier. I have done the scroll wheel reset also. I can try again. Has anyone seen this? I did not have sentry mode on. MCU2/AP 2.5

Last edited:
I'm still losing 20km per day with the car parked in a garage. First sign of phantom range loss occurred in 2019.24.4. Now I have 2019.28.2. In the past, 2019.20.2.2 and prior, range loss was 2-3km per day.

I've been having the same problem since upgrading to 2019.24.4. I can't figure out why, but I have noticed that Sentry more keeps v turning on by itself. I'm not sure if it is related

I noticed some random driver side headlight flashing tonight. This was the first time I am noticing this. I posted release notes etc earlier after I got 28.2 on 8/2 and 28.1 on 8/1 and did notice this earlier. I have done the scroll wheel reset also. I can try again. Has anyone seen this? I did not have sentry mode on. MCU2/AP 2.5
I got 28.2 last night and my camera is the garage is catching the headlights (first passenger, than driver) flashing every hour or so. This coincides exactly with the car coming out of sleep, likely to touch base with the mother ship. The coming out of sleep every hour isn't new, but the headlights flashing when it happens is new.

And I don't have sentry mode enabled.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
I got 28.2 last night and my camera is the garage is catching the headlights (first passenger, than driver) flashing every hour or so. This coincides exactly with the car coming out of sleep, likely to touch base with the mother ship. The coming out of sleep every hour isn't new, but the headlights flashing when it happens is new.

Yup, I noticed the same thing on my 2018 MS 75D. First passenger, then driver DRL light. Amazing bugs like these slip through testing (or are just simply allowed to get through) … My in-vehicle cellular was not working for a few days then automagically started working. Fart mode is still ROCK solid though!

Yup, I noticed the same thing on my 2018 MS 75D. First passenger, then driver DRL light. Amazing bugs like these slip through testing (or are just simply allowed to get through) … My in-vehicle cellular was not working for a few days then automagically started working. Fart mode is still ROCK solid though!
Our headlights would flash on 24.4 when exiting the Arcade. I'll have to check if that was fixed in 28.2...

Reactions: outdoors

Our headlights would flash on 24.4 when exiting the Arcade. I'll have to check if that was fixed in 28.2...

yep, same behaviour here. Kinda spooky. Also asked for this in the Dutch part of the forum, but no one replied.
Was almost renaming ‘The Black Pearl’ to ‘Christine’... so glad to read it is not only me!

I'm not using Arcade and happens to me simply when the car is unlocked by walking up to the car. Right DRL will come on, followed by Left (sometimes). Or Right DRL will come on, then go off, then Left DRL will come on … software weirdness!!

Has done before during software updates. Did on the most recent. I like to watch and listen. New sounds. Never touch however. Now seeing as well coming out of sleep on the nursery cam. Haven't matched up the time stamps, but I am pretty sure that is the time.

Other thoughts. Both cars have both updated on last two updates same day. Almost within 30 minutes of each other. Super frequent users of Dog Mode.

Better at cutting in traffic entering from entrance ramp. Almost picking the hole in the group and adjusting as others drivers enter freeway. Hair raising experience before if cars were behind. Much smoother.

ap2 mcu1