Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Jeff,

You shouldn't have lost mirror auto-tilt. I have noticed that during some of the updates the saved setting is lost, so you have to reset where you want them to go in reverse and save that setting to your profile.

Peter

I went back and checked the settings tab in the car and that option was totally gone after the update. I tried a screen reboot and that had no effect. Ownership confirmed that they have seen that happen "in a few cars." Meh

the release notes seem to be the tip of the iceberg. seems like there are always lots of little things to be discovered. my guess is that in reality the updates are rolling continuously with releases being put out in waves and little fixes added even within a release period with no explanation as issues are reported then fixed.

There are quite a few of us that lost auto-tilt mirror option with 4.3 (or 1.19.49). Tesla is aware of the problem, and wants specific VINs if you haven't reported it to them yet. It is a bug they are trying to track down. It seems that it only affected cloth seats people.

Uh-oh, this sounds like a driver profile related issue. I have the textile seats under the old pricing model so heated seats or driver profiles :-( I think the profiles should be grandfathered to those with Tech package, please Tesla?

Uh-oh, this sounds like a driver profile related issue. I have the textile seats under the old pricing model so heated seats or driver profiles :-( I think the profiles should be grandfathered to those with Tech package, please Tesla?

This is my speculation. Tesla moved auto-tilt to profiles, which are not available to cloth seat people. And 4.3 (really 4.2 above 1.19.45) broke this. I am not sure it is affecting all cloth seat people, but the only people who seem to have this problem are cloth seat people.

I really hope they give me profiles (I have the Tech package). I know seat memory won't come but it would be nice to have mirror settings and other drive settings programmed for myself.

There are a couple of minor timing differences that I've noticed versus my previous 4.2.

First, the scroll wheel controls to open the sunroof are now much faster and responsive. This is good.

Second, the handle present time seems to be delayed a bit. This is bad. I haven't done enough testing yet if it's the timing or the detection range, but approaching the car from the back used to reliably present the handles before I reached them - now I have to wait half a second or so. Certainly not a big deal, but since it was just about perfect for me before, I wonder why the change.

What??? I've had Song Titles consistently on 4.2 and 4.3 and have never had a browser Home button.
The hidden downside to a car that's always getting better...it's also always changing! Can you imagine in a normal car getting in and one day the A/C fan knob has been switched with the radio volume knob, but the button for the left rear passenger power window has just disappeared completely, only to return 3 days later. It's an odd, odd world that we early adopters live in...

What??? I've had Song Titles consistently on 4.2 and 4.3 and have never had a browser Home button.

There's never been a button, but there was a setting which, as far as anyone could tell (Web Browser Home Page) only worked the first time you loaded the browser after you got the car. That setting appears to be gone.

My song titles had been broken for a couple of weeks (figured it was a server protocol problem where they didn't version the server properly across firmware versions). I remember someone else mentioning it in a thread, but I can't find the reference after a couple searches.

I had my first problem with my car yesterday. The front passenger door popped open when I pushed the park button. When I called Tesla service, I told them about the problem and also said I'm running the latest (.45) version of the 4.3 firmware. He said he's pretty sure it's a software problem, so they're going to give me an update in addition to inspecting the hardware at the service center.

I had my first problem with my car yesterday. The front passenger door popped open when I pushed the park button. When I called Tesla service, I told them about the problem and also said I'm running the latest (.45) version of the 4.3 firmware. He said he's pretty sure it's a software problem, so they're going to give me an update in addition to inspecting the hardware at the service center.

I had the driver's side back door pop open when the handles extended after the 4.3 update. It happened one time and then never again so I wrote it off as a fluke.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty funny. Could it be that so many owners were afraid of 4.3 (and didn't update), that Tesla has just renamed the latest 4.3 release as 4.4?

Is there a way to permanently defer or skip updates? I dismissed the notification when I saw it on my screen in the morning, but I got the impression that it was going to install at 2AM the next day whether I liked it or not.

Is the mirror auto-tilt function back? I lost that, and presumably the Dolby surround option (not an important one to me), with the 4.3 (1.25.45) update.
The function just needed to be resaved for me on 4.3, iirc

- - - Updated - - -

There's never been a button, but there was a setting which, as far as anyone could tell (Web Browser Home Page) only worked the first time you loaded the browser after you got the car. That setting appears to be gone.

My song titles had been broken for a couple of weeks (figured it was a server protocol problem where they didn't version the server properly across firmware versions). I remember someone else mentioning it in a thread, but I can't find the reference after a couple searches.
Song titles broke for me with updating profile to using premium Slacker and then mainly with custom channels

I had the problem with the reverse mirrors. Option totally disappeared. Service fixed it in a couple of minutes. I have cloth sets.

New problem with 1.25.45. Passenger door would not open after handles extended. Will try a reboot of the console.

I also may have found another bug. While packing the car for a tip today, I put the car in neutral and set the brake so I could listen to music.

After I closed the door, the handles retracted and I could not open the doors again. The fob didn't work when I approached, double clicking the fob roof didn't work. Thank goodness I had the window rolled down. I think I was locked out. Anyone else seen this problem?

It's not a problem, it's a feature! Most cars automatically unlock when you put them in park; Model S politely opens the door for you! :)

Sorry if I've missed it somewhere in this thread, but is there any new functionality in 4.4?

The release notes are just the 4.3 release notes. There's some suspicion that the real changes are for one of the secret announcements. They could also have just forgotten release notes ;-)
Man, no love...I never even got the 4.3 update! :(

This was my first update in 2 months of having the car and I went straight to 4.4 from 4.2. Maybe they'll jump you too?