Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
L
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421711145.602139.jpg

Looks like another version of 6.1. (This time 2.2.113)

I don't see anything different yet.

I find it interesting that while the car is updating, slacker is active and wasting bandwidth downloading songs even while the doors are closed and car is "off" while it is updating... if it doesn't download a song after a few minutes, I know it's done updating. :p

There's a few changes but most are at the end of the release notes. Changes that I see:

- New steering mode called Comfort
- Driver assist lane departure warning now more obvious with a single pulse
- UI changes by moving around service, driving, and suspension

Given the size of the update, I was expecting more features. Maybe something else is going on like they're sending down firmware in advance for the next update or something.

IMG_3559.JPG
IMG_3558.JPG

The car seems to run diagnostics on all sorts of things during the update process. Obvious things are the door hands, headlights, lighting, etc. If you sit through an update the car does all sorts of crazy stuff. You'll hear coolant pumps engage one at a time, A/C come on, contactors open and close, among other things. I'm assuming this is the bulk of the update time. The car pre-downloads the data needed for the update before giving the notification. This update was the same sized download as the last, looking at my wifi sniffing...

Wk057, what application are you using to observe your wi-fi traffic? After a Google search it turned out to be more difficult than I expected to find a good tool for this.

It's not a novice setup.

I'm able to do so because I use a custom-configured linux machine as my WAN-side router. So, I can just run tcpdump on that machine and pick out whatever I want.

Interesting tidbit. Seems to support my theory that updates are image files rather than incremental deltas.

Would make sense somewhat, especially since we have evidence that a lot of the update may be FPGA bitstreams also. Those would be mostly fixed size.

- - - Updated - - -

2.2.113 here. Only change I notice in the UI is the (re?)addition of the steering settings.