Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 53XXX

Picked up 18 October with full Auto Pilot hardware

01/19/15 Just notified 6.1 has been downloaded. Will install at 0200 tomorrow morning.

Great timing as I am up in Truckee on a 500 mile ski trip from Santa Barbara. Looking forward to using the TACC and energy software on my return trip. I will have a new car (again) tomorrow.

I would appreciate if anybody would be able to run a semi-controlled experiment comparing power consumption between Normal vs Sport modes.

If you're referring to steering, you will not notice any difference.

If you're referring to the P85D's Sport vs. Insane mode, I think it's just a cap on power consumption. Drive it the same way and you get the same efficiency...just like an S85 and a P85 getting the same efficiency if driven the same.

Would make sense somewhat, especially since we have evidence that a lot of the update may be FPGA bitstreams also. Those would be mostly fixed size.

- - - Updated - - -

2.2.113 here. Only change I notice in the UI is the (re?)addition of the steering settings.
Single instead of triple pulse for lane departure is only real other 'addition/change'.

Few additional, hardly scientific, observations post update to 2.2.13 on p85d, beyond already listed (steering wheel and continuous, 2-3 second long single vibration for lane departure):
1) regen "feels" more aggressive. My rolling / coasting accelerator pedal position are different as it appears to be a steeper regen ramp
2) on short (5 mile) test circuit I use I heathily beat the predicted energy use from nav /trip energy graph (pictures to prove it). Most of time was again using tacc. I had real difficulty beating this previously. Note, this is reasonably same conditions (dark, damp roads, temp) as post 6.1 update test drive on exactly same trip (posted early on this thread)

to location
image.jpg

Return from location:
image.jpg

Only anomoly was the start of return trip. I suspect this was because I was waiting at lights for full cycle. Previously it was 3am and less traffic.

Hope this help, Mike

Few additional, hardly scientific, observations post update to 2.2.13 on p85d, beyond already listed (steering wheel and continuous, 2-3 second long single vibration for lane departure):
1) regen "feels" more aggressive. My rolling / coasting accelerator pedal position are different as it appears to be a steeper regen ramp

I agree. I noticed more aggressive regen too. Especially when using TACC.

I haven't gone anywhere since the update, but I can confirm that regen in the P85D before was definitely much less aggressive, as far as ramping up to full regen, than in the P85. (Drove both earlier today before the update)

If I had a dime for every update that someone thinks more/less aggressive regen...

Would you have a dime? ;-). Seriously though, are you saying you've tried it and not finding it so? 3 for 3 who've tried it so far, and increased ability to meet predictions. I did say it wasn't scientific, and maybe it's just smoke, though I'd like to see more proof points either way before dismissing it.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't gone anywhere since the update, but I can confirm that regen in the P85D before was definitely much less aggressive, as far as ramping up to full regen, than in the P85. (Drove both earlier today before the update)

Interested to hear if you believe this has changed. Maybe after 200 miles of driving today before the update, my foot was tired and I'm misreading this though I don't believe it would be so noticeable.

It's not a novice setup.

I'm able to do so because I use a custom-configured linux machine as my WAN-side router. So, I can just run tcpdump on that machine and pick out whatever I want.

I thought the download was across a VPN, therefore TCPdump would be all but useless. right? I checked my proxy after my 6.1 update and did not see anything cached.

I thought the download was across a VPN, therefore TCPdump would be all but useless. right? I checked my proxy after my 6.1 update and did not see anything cached.

It is over the VPN, so can't see the data, but the size of the aggregate of the traffic is able to be determined, along with bandwidth usage spikes.

It is over the VPN, so can't see the data, but the size of the aggregate of the traffic is able to be determined, along with bandwidth usage spikes.

You should throw an SSL decrypted in front of it... Wonder how the car would react :p I know some programs don't like it when you forcibly man in the middle the traffic but it is a thought worth considering... Assuming you can get one on the cheap/free... The ones I am used to dealing with are decidedly not cheap.

Reading through the posts everyone I saw mentioning the new update seemed to have a P85D... Did anyone else get the new minor update or did this just go to the P85D's?

- - - Updated - - -

yes me too. Gone from randomly wrong art to none, dunno what is worse. Wish it would just read my stored art.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds as if you need a reboot. Hold in top two thumb buttons until screen goes dark to reboot dash, same with scroll buttons to reboot 17" display. Do while parked.

A junior member has wasted much less time goofing off in this forum! At some number of posts (I think 100), your profile changes. At that point, you can also edit your designation - so if you think concept of "senior member" is a bunch of malarkey, you can put in what you want - as I have and apache guy has, and many others. This is part of the standard forum software that is used for TMC... kinda silly to think quantity of posts relates to quality or seniority!

I'm pretty sure that changes based on reputation only. Along with the green bars. Could be wrong, but mine changed after a decent number of more posts than I saw from others walking around with the tag and the same with others that had more posts than me but still junior. Maybe I am just remembering wrong as that was a while ago for me.

Would you have a dime? ;-). Seriously though, are you saying you've tried it and not finding it so? 3 for 3 who've tried it so far, and increased ability to meet predictions. I did say it wasn't scientific, and maybe it's just smoke, though I'd like to see more proof points either way before dismissing it.

I've installed the update, but I haven't driven the car yet. I am neither confirming or denying that the car's regen has changed. It's just that after 1 1/2 years of updates, it seems that with every update, someone (actually quite a few) perceives changes. Me? I just drive! I'm not bothered by changes, I just go with the flow!

(on a side note: I've been a computer programmer for 35 years, EVERYTIME you make a change, someone thinks something else has changed also. Ask any programmer.)

I went out after the .113 update to try and resolve for myself if there were any differences in regen braking between .92 and .113 on the P85D. The answer I came up with is...maybe. What's certain is that in the new version there is a significant difference between the regen onset ramp when you lift your foot vs. the onset ramp when you disable TACC: the latter is much less aggressive than the former (and seems quite similar to what I experienced under .92). But I never noticed if that distinction existed under .92; that's not to say it didn't exist, just that it didn't hit me over the head the way it does now under .113 firmware.

(on a side note: I've been a computer programmer for 35 years, EVERYTIME you make a change, someone thinks something else has changed also. Ask any programmer.)

heh - You've got 3 extra years on me. Next you'll be telling me: "Well, it works on my machine!"... ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

I went out after the .113 update to try and resolve for myself if there were any differences in regen braking between .92 and .113 on the P85D. The answer I came up with is...maybe. What's certain is that in the new version there is a significant difference between the regen onset ramp when you lift your foot vs. the onset ramp when you disable TACC: the latter is much less aggressive than the former (and seems quite similar to what I experienced under .92). But I never noticed if that distinction existed under .92; that's not to say it didn't exist, just that it didn't hit me over the head the way it does now under .113 firmware.
Yessir, I'd bet a dollar you're correct. Also, I'm convincing myself that the regen off TACC is more aggressive, though after some sleep... I'll have another play with it tomorrow