Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3) lane departure DOES turn off if you use the turn signal. But if you start crossing the line first, then put on the turn signal, the vibration won't stop early. Just make sure you signal first and it shouldn't come on.

Edit: for #3, I see now that you may have been indicating that you'd like the lane departure vibration, if already started, to stop immediately when the turn signal goes on. In that case, I agree with you :).

It's giving you a wrist-slap for signaling too late :wink:

I hate the new "Energy Option for Battery Display" implementation. I like seeing the charge rate in terms of actual power & energy (kW & kWh) and not range (miles/hour). Setting it to "Energy" does that, but also forces you to display the battery SoC (%) in the dash display. Rated miles or kWh would be better on the battery meter.

Got the second update notice this afternoon while I was at lunch.
Attempted to update when I got home.
Yay, we now have 6.1 2.2.113!

Fyi - I believe I read a few times that using the car, eg opening doors, listening to audio, checking screens, etc increased the likelihood of updates failing.
(i dug into this a bunch after one if mine failed, so not exhaustive and ymmv)

I hate the new "Energy Option for Battery Display" implementation. I like seeing the charge rate in terms of actual power & energy (kW & kWh) and not range (miles/hour). Setting it to "Energy" does that, but also forces you to display the battery SoC (%) in the dash display. Rated miles or kWh would be better on the battery meter.

Yes, i dort like it either. Instead of percentage I would love to see remaining kWh.

I got another update this morning as well. I just got 6.1 this Saturday. (it was the 113 version), so I was a bit surprised. I really like the app letting you know when an update is ready.
Looks like maybe they're pushing this one out very quickly. Hoping it fixes the preconditioning (I turned mine off yesterday b/c it was so erratic). Probably too much to hope that they fixed the shuffle already.

Oh who cares, I'm updating. :) I've never had an update prompt so soon after a previous one (bug fixes or not).

- - - Updated - - -

Slightly off topic-- I wonder why there isn't a way to begin the update directly from the mobile app itself?

Sitting in shorts and given how cold it is outside, I was thinking the same thing! Probably they don't want to risk someone starting it when the car's elsewhere and the app user doesn't realize the person with the car will need it in 5 minutes, or something.