Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn't percent charge in less than 1% increments a bit obsessive, even for this group?

Not really. Using rated miles or ideal miles you get more granular data than the current percentage display. I was using the % display, but I've since switched back to ideal miles since I can see energy remaining in more detail that way. (~300 data points instead of 100)

They should at least add the ability from the app to see what version the car is currently running. Every time there's an update, I have to run out to the car to see what version I'm running to see how many revisions I'm off (I don't store that in memory since my brain has only 64k to spare at any moment...)

Got 2.2.113 on Sunday and 2.2.115 today. Had 3G drop day before and after the new update but it was very short unlike before where I had to wait 5-10 minutes for it to return. I have energy saving mode ON and it has been definitely saving me a few Km in range over night.

6.1 .115 Changes Energy Saving Option

Prior to .115 (which i received this morning), we had the option of turning Energy Savings mode on, off, or only on at night. The option also had an "Always Connected" option as well. In .115 it appears that the "only on at night" option has been removed. On my car at least, i only have the option of "On" "Off" and "Always Connected."

Per the "information" page on the Settings page, it appears that "Off" is the old "Night Only" setting.

Last edited:
They should at least add the ability from the app to see what version the car is currently running. Every time there's an update, I have to run out to the car to see what version I'm running to see how many revisions I'm off (I don't store that in memory since my brain has only 64k to spare at any moment...)

VisibleTesla shows the SW version.

had the .113 for a week. now with .115.. don´t know the difference ... anyone knows?

Prior to .115 (which i received this morning), we had the option of turning Energy Savings mode on, off, or only on at night. The option also had an "Always Connected" option as well. In .115 it appears that the "only on at night" option has been removed. On my car at least, i only have the option of "On" "Off" and "Always Connected."

Got 2.2.113 on Sunday and 2.2.115 today.

Me too (approximately) the new version alert was on my car's screen when I went out for lunch today. I never like to run the install when I'm out, so will do so this evening at home.

- - - Updated - - -

Like many newer owners I am unable to use VT for now.

FWIW, I used VT last evening on 6.1 (2.2.113) and it seemed to work just fine.