Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sitting in shorts and given how cold it is outside, I was thinking the same thing! Probably they don't want to risk someone starting it when the car's elsewhere and the app user doesn't realize the person with the car will need it in 5 minutes, or something.

We received .115 on both mine and my wife's car in the last 12 hours. This seems like a very fast push.

kendallpb +1 I wouldn't want to update the car while it was out by mistake.

Prior to .115 (which i received this morning), we had the option of turning Energy Savings mode on, off, or only on at night. The option also had an "Always Connected" option as well. In .115 it appears that the "only on at night" option has been removed. On my car at least, i only have the option of "On" "Off" and "Always Connected."

Can others confirm this? I really like having the energy savings on at night only. During the day, the energy saving option seemed so random. Sometimes, it would activate after 2 minutes, other times I could be gone for 2 hours and it has not activated. When I am out and about running errands, and in a hurry, I don't want to wait for the car to wake up each and every time.

Can others confirm this? I really like having the energy savings on at night only. During the day, the energy saving option seemed so random. Sometimes, it would activate after 2 minutes, other times I could be gone for 2 hours and it has not activated. When I am out and about running errands, and in a hurry, I don't want to wait for the car to wake up each and every time.

According to the post I'm about to quote from below, the old "Night Only" mode is now the "Off" mode. (I have no first-hand knowledge of this.)

Prior to .115 (which i received this morning), we had the option of turning Energy Savings mode on, off, or only on at night. The option also had an "Always Connected" option as well. In .115 it appears that the "only on at night" option has been removed. On my car at least, i only have the option of "On" "Off" and "Always Connected."

Per the "information" page on the Settings page, it appears that "Off" is the old "Night Only" setting.

Yes, I can confirm this. Off now means only-at-night.
Got .115 this morning (after getting .113 about a week back). Didn't notice any other difference (just based on a quick glance at the release notes, and controls/settings menus).

Elon jus tweeted this so looks like we have another update coming soon as well:

"Tesla P85D 0 to 60mph acceleration will improve by ~0.1 sec soon via over-the-air software update to inverter algorithm"

Like others, I too have 6.1 2.2.115 now. I had been running .113 for about a week. Got the notice at 2:30 AM PST last night and installed it this morning at home. Took about 1 hour for the install and at the end the "Update Successful" dialog box with the release note summary was displayed. I too see the "CRUSE" replacing the "CRUSE ON" and the removal of "only at night" from the Energy Saving setup. Nothing else so far...

No, not everyone has had .115 pushed out to them yet (raises hand). There's no way to know what percentage of cars have received the update.

Sorry. In the last two years, my car has always been dead-last to get any update (7-9 weeks) with the exception of the low-suspension-disable update (same day). So now that I got it on the first day, it was a fairly safe assumption to me.

update 6.1 (2.2.115)

so i received an updated 1-14-15 that had everything except the tacc, so i called tesla and they stated i would get it later for free since i already purchased the tech package before the price bump. today i get a update of 6.1 (2.2.115) i was thinking it was the tacc i was told id get however it was the exact same patch notes that were there from the update 2 weeks ago and the same amount of time to download it. any clue?

6.1 Installed for the second time?

I installed 6.1 on my recently delivered S85 on Friday, the 23rd. When i woke up today, my phone notified me that i had another software update available. I went in my car and clicked on install now. I wasn't sure why there would be another update so soon so I looked on the forums to see if there was a new update and I found nothing. I tested out all the features of 6.1 and most of the additional improvements, and they all worked fine, so i didn't think anything needed changing. After the download finished, i looked at the release notes and its the same firmware and there nothing different in the release notes so i'm not sure as to why it downloaded the software again. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks

What is the version number? If you look at the 6.1 firmware thread, there have been at least three public releases - .92, .113, and just in the last day or two .115. Usually the small point releases are mostly bug fixes I believe.

So far .115 makes a minor display change (cruise on -> cruise) and adjusts the power savings modes from what folks have figured out.
Walter