Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like just a bug fix: V6.1 (2.2.167). Took right at an hour to update.

My cruise wouldn't work, re-booted the screen (scroll wheels)... still no cruise, then I re-booted the dash, now the cruise works again. Whoo, I can't drive without my tacc!

Hrm ... what about at the very bottom? If they did 27 internal revisions of this software, my guess is that it is "feel" related versus "feature" related. I'd venture that the TACC and or Torque Sleep feels much improved on .167.

I'll be going out soon and can report back if either are further improved. I can say that .140 had vastly improved torque sleep already. I was able to drive from Gilroy to Atascadero on the PCH with plenty of range to spare, averaging about 300 wh/mile the whole way. My return trip between the same two points using 101 I managed 292 wh/mile driving the speed limit the whole way (65/70 mph depending on the area).

Version 6.1 (2.2.167)

I just upgraded. It looks like a bug fix release. However torque sleep was also just a .xxx point release.

I thought I'd make a thread so we can keep all of the observations together. I'll post here later after a drive...

Edit: Thread moved...

Last edited:
I am also in the process of updating. I was on .139, and had not really seen a significant efficiency improvement from torque sleep. I've been keeping some pretty good stats on some very consistent trips for a couple of weeks now, so I think I'll have a pretty good idea pretty quickly if there is an improvement in efficiency for my car in this firmware update.

I just upgraded. It looks like a bug fix release. However torque sleep was also just a .xxx point release.

I thought I'd make a thread so we can keep all of the observations together. I'll post here later after a drive...

Looks like mods moved it back.

I would suggest 3 main stickies for each 6.X release:

pre-autopilot
autopilot single motor
autopilot dual motor

...since there are enough differences to warrant separate threads I think.