Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got back from a 910 mile roadtrip last night. 455 miles on 6.1, 455 miles on 6.2.

TACC is definitely improved. Didn't use the blind spot detection much, but seemed to work well. No false alerts on it for me.

The navigation definitely still needs some work. You should be able to remove individual Superchargers from the route. It insisted on me stopping at Gilroy SC, even thought I knew I didn't need to. You should be able to X out recommended stops, not just remove them all. Also, I had to re-choose my destination after each Supercharge. It "lost" my desired destination during charging.

Got back from a 910 mile roadtrip last night. 455 miles on 6.1, 455 miles on 6.2.

TACC is definitely improved. Didn't use the blind spot detection much, but seemed to work well. No false alerts on it for me.

The navigation definitely still needs some work. You should be able to remove individual Superchargers from the route. It insisted on me stopping at Gilroy SC, even thought I knew I didn't need to. You should be able to X out recommended stops, not just remove them all. Also, I had to re-choose my destination after each Supercharge. It "lost" my desired destination during charging.

Yeah, I tinkered with it with some long distance destinations I frequent. It is super pessimistic. For example, I can drive from my house to the South Hill, VA supercharger on a 100% charge. Planner tells me I need 112% SoC (-12% on the planner) and that I need to stop in Burlington, NC on the way...... which I try to avoid during peak business hours.

*shrugs*

I guess it's for people who don't know how to plan and don't know how to drive properly to stick with a plan? heh

Drove from NoVA to Harrisburg, PA this afternoon. Charged to 100%, and got there with 40% left. Stopped at my first chademo charger, and raised the soc to ~60%+ . Used the nav to plot a course to Baltimore and started driving, but realized quickly it wanted to go the wrong way. Even though the direct route was possible with a estimated 20% buffer, it was routing me through the Hagerstown SC, which is at least a 40 mile detour. I removed the SC from the route, and despite driving 75+ mph in rain with range mode off I arrived in Baltimore with 14% remaining.

The trip planner software needs some tweaking, I think.

Last edited:
I admit I don't have the patience to read all the prior posts. Maybe stating the obvious but, for any "classic" owners in the cheap seats (textile) there is no driver profile and ...therefore..no Valet mode. Maybe all newer cars have driver profiles. I honestly do not know.

--------
Update: Ok, check. So that's what the driver profile icon looks like. Ha! Sorry, was in too big of a hurry and not excessively interested I guess. Didn't notice the little robot looking dude showed up there. Glanced at the release notes about driver profile and mentally wrote it off as unavailable.

Last edited:
I admit I don't have the patience to read all the prior posts. Maybe stating the obvious but, for any "classic" owners in the cheap seats (textile) there is no driver profile and ...therefore..no Valet mode. Maybe all newer cars have driver profiles. I honestly do not know.

And...it's not going to matter to me anyway since I don't let anybody near the car...let alone drive it. LOL

You still get valet if you don't have driver profiles. The driver profile icon is now present, but with valet function only.

Drove from NoVA to Harrisburg, PA this afternoon. Charged to 100%, and got there with 40% left. Stopped at my first chademo charger, and raised the soc to ~60%+ . Used the nav to plot a course to Baltimore and started driving, but realized quickly it wanted to go the wrong way. Even though the direct route was possible with a estimated 20% buffer, it was routing me through the Hagerstown SC, which is at least a 40 mile detour. I removed the SC from the route, and despite driving 75+ in rain with range mode off I arrived in Baltimore with 14% remaining.

The trip planner software needs some tweaking, I think.

Andrew -- not to get way off topic, but which Chademo did you use in Harrisburg?

regen limit line behavior change...

I haven't seen anyone comment on this... it seems to me that the behavior of the regen limit line has changed (for the better)
Last night my car was outside again at about 38F (3°C) and when I got in this morning I had a regen limit at about 30kW (much higher than it used to be after a night at that temperature with my 60, BTW).
With 6.1 the regen never reached the line - I'd always have what seemed like at least 5kW less than the limit line in maximum regen. But this morning with 6.2 I saw the regen reach just beyond the limit line (which kinda makes sense - the car consumes some energy for music, A/C, lights, computers, etc) so it can regen slightly more than what can be used to charge the battery.
Has anyone else noticed this new behavior?

Haven't gone through this whole thread but has anyone else gotten an error code saying "Software Update Required, Please Contact Service Center"? I called Tesla and they say that it is a known bug and that a patch will follow. I reset my dashboard and it seems to be gone now. This was after updating to 6.2.
I got this a couple of days ago (which was few days after I had installed 6.2), but it went away after 2 secs. I ignored it, but based on what you heard I guess I'll probably need this patch too.