Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you really though? I've been on several road trips including MA to CA and back, and last year MA to TN to watch the eclipse - which I used no nav nor pre-defined destination. (I was watching the weather until about 2 days before.) If you can read a map and pay a little attention, it's not difficult.

I ought to apologize: sorry, this thread is about software and nav should work without rebooting screens.

Nav works fine — I used mine for 1000 miles earlier this week. All that happens is that the IC reboots at random intervals, so you lose IC information, including the turn-by-turn display, for a few seconds and then it recovers. This bug doesn't affect navigation on the big screen at all. It really isn't a big deal most of the time.

Yes, it is not the end of the world. Just annoying. Particularly when I plan on using the nav a lot. Yes there are other options... smart phone..,just putting up with it... I am not that upset about it really. Just mildly annoyed.

I used to hold off updating my car and scour the forums for complaints like this. Then it seemed like I had a good run of not too terrible bugs after updating. I guess I got lazy. This bug was probably well reported before I made my latest update, but I didn't check.

I guess I have this expectation that significant bugs are found by a smaller pool of beta testers, and these kinds of things would get caught before going to a wider fleet of cars.

Reactions: Canuck
Yes, it is not the end of the world. Just annoying. Particularly when I plan on using the nav a lot. Yes there are other options... smart phone..,just putting up with it... I am not that upset about it really. Just mildly annoyed.

I used to hold off updating my car and scour the forums for complaints like this. Then it seemed like I had a good run of not too terrible bugs after updating. I guess I got lazy. This bug was probably well reported before I made my latest update, but I didn't check.

I guess I have this expectation that significant bugs are found by a smaller pool of beta testers, and these kinds of things would get caught before going to a wider fleet of cars.

Dame, I actually rarely use the bag, but this bug comane yo the weekend before we went on a camping trip. Was annoying have it reboot every little while.

I don’t have a lot of time to scour the forums anymore, and like you have had a good run of problem free updates, so I just approved it like a dummy

just got a notification for a new update just a few days after installing 2018.32.4 ... and have some errands to run right after it finishes. will let you know what it is and if it still has the IC reboot issue. My guess is it will be 2018.34 which seems to have gone out to classics, almost exclusively so far ...

update: it was 2018.34 with just the Pin to Drive feature in the release notes (same as for 32.4). will take it for a spin and see ...

Last edited:
just got a notification for a new update just a few days after installing 2018.32.4 ... and have some errands to run right after it finishes. will let you know what it is and if it still has the IC reboot issue. My guess is it will be 2018.34 which seems to have gone out to classics, almost exclusively so far ...

update: it was 2018.34 with just the Pin to Drive feature in the release notes (same as for 32.4). will take it for a spin and see ...

Just got another update this morning still a 32.4 but the sequence after that has changed. Picture attached.

Attachments

• 20180905_103713.jpg
    20180905_103713.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 79
Just got another update this morning still a 32.4 but the sequence after that has changed. Picture attached.

Yes, that is the same update that I received ... ps look closely and you will see in the pic of your update that it is 2018.34 not 2018.32.4 ...

btw Initial limited test of two 15 minute rides using nav were all good with no random reboots ...

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Just got 2018.34 in my 2013 S85. Woo-hoo: "PIN to drive" is the sole release note item. Compared to the previous 2-3 firmware downloads, that's huge, since the previous 2-3 downloads had no release notes at all other than to say "here's what was in the previous release notes that time that a download actually had release notes.'

Am going out to drive the car momentarily. Am really really hoping the nav bug that crashes the instrument cluster display computer is fixed. Will report back.

Just drove 100km with nav on the entire time and no reboots. Seems like 34. may have solved the problem.
Maybe, and I hope so, but now I have something I haven't seen before: using nav (haven't tried without) after the update to 2018.34, the nav map in the IC and the google map in the center console will flip 90 or 180 degrees after a stop. Very distracting. Rebooted the center console, but no joy - still flips. (I'd add a .mov, but haven't figured out how yet).

Weird.

• Helpful
Reactions: txakoli