Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know others have commented on this, but can I just say how impressed I am with the new radar being able to see the 2 cars in front? It has been a remarkable improvement in slowing down the car and making the drive seem natural. Way to go on this one.
Can't say it enough! Definitely the biggest AP improvement in 8.0. Sometimes it's just downright magical and great even when you're in manual control. Now you can tell if the guy in front of you is aggressively tailgating because radar can see it where you can't.

Can't say it enough! Definitely the biggest AP improvement in 8.0. Sometimes it's just downright magical and great even when you're in manual control. Now you can tell if the guy in front of you is aggressively tailgating because radar can see it where you can't.

You used the same exact word I did! Magic, because that's what it seems like.

Yes. This and it nearly always skips the last 45 seconds or so of a song. Between this and the horrible ability to find channels on slacker and slow voice recognition, the new media player is vastly inferior (aka sucks) . TESLA, PLEASE REVERT TO THE OLD MEDIA PLAYER!

I like the new media player with exception to all the bugs. Ughh. It's just so half baked.

Uh, yeah, there are more than two bugs, and the lack of alpha shortcuts is downright dangerous if you try to go scrolling for a song. Rollback to 7.1 is not the answer, but neither is waiting for an update that will take months to get out.
Well then what IS the answer? A faster update? I wouldn't be that surprised to see one. It does seem like a major oversight.

IIRC MobilEyeQ3 has pedestrian detection. It might be, that Tesla has not implemented it before.

Edit: it most likely has it, because it was already on Q2.

It's definitely in 7.1 as there is proof that it activated forward collision warning. But, no one could get it to activate AEB.

So I'm curious about whether AEB will stop for a pedestrian in 8.0

I expect TACC will, but I can't see myself using TACC where pedestrians are EXCEPT in freak situations where they're running across a highway.

Speak for yourself. I love the new Media player and the new NAV. Yes, there's been a bug or two, but they'll be addressed. No sense in throwing out the baby with the bath water. This is a huge step forward in usability and the layout is far safer to use while driving. I love it. It was long overdue.
They *may* have improved Maps but Nav is still as inaccurate as it has always been and it's still missing route choices and waypoints. Since they haven't been able to fix it in years this baby might be something they should throw out and start again.