Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh. He gifted me the same. On 2.50.114 MS75D. Also noticed that trying to use AP1.0 at night seems to fail consistently on the same 55 km stretch of highway that wasn't a problem before. Same driving conditions too.

Was fine during the day but failed on return trip. Error: Autopilot temporarily unavailable.

For Christmas, Elon-Claus gave me yet another reset of my equalizer (2nd time in as many mornings). I had held out some hope that the reset was a one-time thing.

- and also added a new Driver Assistance tab to the settings. The Driver Assistance tab adds Speed Assist. See pics. I haven't seen others mention this addition. Is it new for all? Is it just AP2 cars? Is it just because I had a relatively little rolled out firmware (2.46.30)? Anybody know?

Yea, that's new to AP2 cars since 2.48.XXX. We didn't even have auto headlight at 2.46.XX, not to mention speed assist, etc.

As stated earlier, now that I have 2.50.114, I'm happy Tesla has made an effort with this FOB connection to a profile, but I can't use it. Opening the door causes the steering wheel and seat to get so close I can't slide into place ... so after 1 use, I disabled the new functionality and am back to manually using my "Bert" and "Exit" profiles.

It's just too bad Tesla continues to not take the time to explore what other mfgrs have worked-out over the years with functions like this profile/FOB capability. There is no reason Tesla has to seemingly start from scratch and provide half-baked solutions that end up being a disappointment to some owners, instead of being a big plus -- when Tesla Engineers could rent a competitive vehicle or two for a day, explore how proven best-of-breed functions do operate and what configurable options are already offered to their owners, then either implement something similar, or better yet, improve upon it if possible.​

My Mercedes also had exit/entry profile for each driver, whereas Tesla does not. I echo your sentiment, but I'm finding the workaround quite good so far. I'm thinking the key fobs should be linked to the exit/entry profiles, and once in the car, the driver can then select the drive profile manually on the screen first thing they do when sitting down, then organize their stuff (cell phone connections, hand cargo, destination settings, screen brightness, etc.) while the seats slowly reset themselves (they are really slow (!)). Then, same thing on exit (quickly hit exit profile, then organize things). Then, I think the new fob linking feature would work really well. It is pretty manual, but it works, and using existing hardware and software. The only extra step is remembering to reach over and hit the drive profile before drive, and reach over and hit the exit profile before exit, and do both profile changes early so that the long time it takes to adjust is taken up by your organizing your affairs meanwhile (in my case, it's nice, since I have to mount two phones, enter a destination, and check my surroundings before proceeding, but I could see that being problematic for many people who know where they are going and don't have two phones to help them do it).

In my case, I don't need the exit/entry profiles. I'm just used to them. I won't miss them if they are gone, whereas other people clearly need them. But, I do have "Park" and "Camp" profiles that move the seat around for those particular concerns. I cannot fit my laptop between me and the steering wheel unless I press the "Park" profile, so that is perfect for laptop use. And, for "Camp", it moves the driver's seat fully forward, and steering wheel too. I actually cannot fit, then. I have to activate it from the rear seat reaching forward, and activate a normal driving profile also from the rear seat to get back into the driver's seat.

This feature disappeared for me after installation of 2.50.114 on Dec. 23.

It seems to be skipping my auto-homelink after 2.50.114. Im still sorting out what's going on, but it shows the "auto trigger in 20 feet - and then never drops to zero feet or triggers - and afterwards it says that the autohomelink was skipped though I never pushed the button to skip it. I tried resetting the location last night with no visible effect, but we'll see. I may just need a reboot.

I'm thinking the key fobs should be linked to the exit/entry profiles, and once in the car, the driver can then select the drive profile manually on the screen first thing they do when sitting down, then organize their stuff (cell phone connections, hand cargo, destination settings, screen brightness, etc.) while the seats slowly reset themselves (they are really slow (!)). Then, same thing on exit (quickly hit exit profile, then organize things). Then, I think the new fob linking feature would work really well.

Ummm, perhaps I am missing something, but if you use the exit/entry profile every time before you get out of the car, there'd be no benefit to setting a fob to that profile, as the seat and steering wheel would still be in their exit/entry positions when you return.

If there are two drivers, as long as each of them uses the exit/entry profile before getting out, the system works, without a need to tie a profile to a fob.

What am I missing?

It seems to be skipping my auto-homelink after 2.50.114. Im still sorting out what's going on, but it shows the "auto trigger in 20 feet - and then never drops to zero feet or triggers - and afterwards it says that the autohomelink was skipped though I never pushed the button to skip it. I tried resetting the location last night with no visible effect, but we'll see. I may just need a reboot.

I had not read of that issue with homelink. A known issue, though, that has existed for a few firmware versions now is that if you set the homelink alert, it resets back to being off after the car has been turned off. If you want that alert when Homelink is active, you literally, for now, need to reset it every time you get in the car.

Picked up my 60D on 12/13 with AP2 hardware and 2.46.30 installed. Last night I had my first update to 2.50.180 and it added all of the features others have mentioned - like headlight and touchscreen brightness/mode control, Mars easter egg, Fob-linking, and Supercharger amenities - and also added a new Driver Assistance tab to the settings. The Driver Assistance tab adds Speed Assist. See pics. I haven't seen others mention this addition. Is it new for all? Is it just AP2 cars? Is it just because I had a relatively little rolled out firmware (2.46.30)? Anybody know?

View attachment 207706View attachment 207707
I probably would have updated if I new about these new features. The equalizer, fob, supercharger feature updates didn't get me excited enough. How do tell what software version has been downloaded and is waiting to be installed.

I probably would have updated if I new about these new features. The equalizer, fob, supercharger feature updates didn't get me excited. How do tell what software version has been downloaded and is waiting to be installed.

There's no way to tell what's cached waiting for installation, but if you got it this week it's probably what the other AP2 owners are describing. Hitting the T will show you what's currently installed, though.

• Helpful
Reactions: Andyw2100
It's just bands on the equalizer.

There were complaints that there wasn't enough fine grained control with the equalizer so Tesla added some in-between bands.
I've never had any issues with the equalizer/fader settings getting reset except on this update, but that was expected.

Grrrr.... Ho Ho Ho - Santa reset all my EQ settings again last night - this time to +4.0 across the board.

What are the recommended settings for the base audio system?

The auto open/close or the sound disappeared?
The sound; I should have quoted more of your post to provide context.
If the latter, I found the update "cleared" the sound check box under the homelink settings and I had to go turn it back on.
Yes, I had forgotten there was that checkbox -- or maybe I didn't forgot because I never saw it if the 8.0 update which introduced the chime initially checked the box.

I've just checked it. I see from other posts that I can't expect it to stay checked.

(I had thought it was a beep. I see from the checkbox label that it's a chime.)

Got 2.50.180 last night, finally. All the upgrades were welcome, especially the restored headlight and touchscreen mode/brightness control. Somehow I was expecting the high-beam auto-dimming as well, but I guess that will come to AP2HW cars with 8.1. At least I am back to where my Signature started, and a little bit more!

For me with 2.50.114, the new equalizer is there with 5 positions, but it's resetting itself to all zeros many times after I set it, then find the sound is odd on a subsequent take off in the MS, check the EQ and all 5 settings are back at zero. I've not determined the exact symptoms as to when it's resetting itself... perhaps charging, IDK yet and honestly am so frustrated with this latest little thing not being tested before distribution, I'm just moving on for right now. Beware though to others... if you fiddle with the equalizer settings to get them the way you think is good for your ears, write it down, because you may need to reset your settings again and again and again. So sad.

On the plus front, I jumped in my MS after dinner this afternoon to find my maps have been updated. TU Tesla for that little present.

For me with 2.50.114, the new equalizer is there with 5 positions, but it's resetting itself to all zeros many times after I set it, then find the sound is odd on a subsequent take off in the MS, check the EQ and all 5 settings are back at zero. I've not determined the exact symptoms as to when it's resetting itself... perhaps charging, IDK yet and honestly am so frustrated with this latest little thing not being tested before distribution, I'm just moving on for right now. Beware though to others... if you fiddle with the equalizer settings to get them the way you think is good for your ears, write it down, because you may need to reset your settings again and again and again. So sad.

On the plus front, I jumped in my MS after dinner this afternoon to find my maps have been updated. TU Tesla for that little present.

Just adding a data point that my EQ settings did an overnight reset w/o charging.

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: bhzmark and BertL