Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 9.0 Features Wishlist!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys are funny with this pipe dream wish list. But why not:

1. Ability to see what the AP cameras see in the eyes of the computer in real time by having a configurable display grid on the MCU.
2. Ability to have 2 Bluetooth devices connected simultaneously - one for phone and one for media player.
3. Ability to customize the interior climate protection temperature.
4. Ability to start a software update remotely.
5. Ability to have waypoints in maps.
6. Ability to load all technical service manuals for your model if you press the "T" twice (first press for owners manual; second press for technical manual).
7. Ability to send emoticons to other Tesla's you see nearby at stoplights.
8. Ability to press a button and the referral black signature HPWC actually ships to you by next day air.

You guys are funny with this pipe dream wish list. But why not:

1. Ability to see what the AP cameras see in the eyes of the computer in real time by having a configurable display grid on the MCU.
2. Ability to have 2 Bluetooth devices connected simultaneously - one for phone and one for media player.
3. Ability to customize the interior climate protection temperature.
4. Ability to start a software update remotely.
5. Ability to have waypoints in maps.
6. Ability to load all technical service manuals for your model if you press the "T" twice (first press for owners manual; second press for technical manual).
7. Ability to send emoticons to other Tesla's you see nearby at stoplights.
8. Ability to press a button and the referral black signature HPWC actually ships to you by next day air.

...and Spotify instead of Slacker ;)

Ability to have two phones connected at the same time and be able to receive calls from either one.
Ability to se the next set of songs playing on your playlists
Ability to choose a playlist from your connected phone
Ability to use Siri/OK google with the wheel controls
Ability to request update manually

Reactions: spectrum
a few things off the top of my head.

1.) ability to customize the quick access icons on the bottom of the screen. No reason why there should be heated seat icons during hot summer months, when I could change it to something more useful like the ability to quickly change from recirculating mode and outside air
2.) using turn signals should pop up the side rear cameras on the display momentarily, so one can easily check for clearance, until the signal is turned off
3.) fix the numerous issues with audio playback (aac/mp3 files having loading errors, inability to seek for bluetooth audio, ridiculous album art matching, ability to remember playback spot for audio books, etc).
4.) make every option and setting controllable by voice. I should be able to operate the vehicle without touching the screen much at all. If I want to mute the navigation voice let me control that with my own voice. Same goes for climate control and everything else.
5.) use of autopilot cameras for dash cam recording
6.) improve the suspension settings and make it less convoluted. it's currently too difficult to simply raise the vehicle's suspension manually when you encounter snow, off road paths, etc as it wants to always reset to low (whether based on vehicle speed or not).
7.) apple car play and android auto support would be nice

- Apple Carplay (and Android Auto)
- Implemented the mentioned dash cam capability
- Windows (sun roof) button up with walk away locking. I.e. if you walk away lock or click flob lock and windows are down, it implies you want the windows up so shut the windows)
- If no apple carplay or android auto, then the ability to choose play list, repeat song, or shuffle play list from the MCU screen
- At least some promised features implemented (auto lane change or auto ramp take as part of EAP)
- Control of windows in the phone app with a 'Crack' function and a All UP or All Down
- Rain sense and put windows up function

So...are our wishes going to disappear like letters to Santa at Christmas...I mean, it's great to come up with all these features but in the end it may just be just that....wishful thinking. What are the odds that someone at Tesla actually reads these forums and takes input from the community?

Key fob: Single click of existing FWD button opens the FRONT door on that side - double click opens the FWD.

Screen - Doors menu: PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, switch the display so that the icons for opening and closing FWDs appear on the BOTTOM of the screen, instead of the top to better reflect that the FWD is behind me. It’s completely counter-intuitive and even though I’m used to it now I’d gladly retrain my brain for that fix.

Dashcam for AP Cameras: I know it’s mentioned above, but such a good idea that I have to vote for it again.

1. Cross traffic alert when backing up
  2. Full stop on pending collision
  3. Blindspot detection
For a company that emphasizes it's safety features, it's indefensible that they don't have these implemented yet.

Nice to haves:
  1. Waypoints
  2. Automatic opening of charging port door when in garage and less than xx miles remaining (or always on)

1. Cross traffic alert when backing up
  2. Full stop on pending collision
  3. Blindspot detection
For a company that emphasizes it's safety features, it's indefensible that they don't have these implemented yet.

Nice to haves:
  1. Waypoints
  2. Automatic opening of charging port door when in garage and less than xx miles remaining (or always on)

Does Model X not beep at you if there is a car or pedestrian approaching when the X is backing up? I would be disappointed if that is the case.

Tighten up the sensors, so that the falcons open all the way up and only stop a half inch from an obstruction, rather than a foot away. Same with front doors in a parking lot. Open right to the next car, and stop a hair from hitting it.