Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry I didn't see the question...it was posted right at the time I got to the SC! Somehow I managed to put 95 miles on it today and I was at work! F conference calls, people need to learn to make their own decisions! Of course I'm down to about 60 rated miles so have to charge a while as I need to drive back to the office with my bf to pick up my other car.

There is no going back to ICE. Amazing.

Sorry I didn't see the question...it was posted right at the time I got to the SC! Somehow I managed to put 95 miles on it today and I was at work! F conference calls, people need to learn to make their own decisions! Of course I'm down to about 60 rated miles so have to charge a while as I need to drive back to the office with my bf to pick up my other car.

beginning of a fun journey, ENJOY

That's essentially how I do it. I use a J1772 at home. So, when I approach the car, handles pop out, car unlocks, and the port is dark blue if its finished charging. Then I pull the trigger on the J1772, port turns light blue, then I pull the J1772 nozzle out and then I pull the adapter immediately after. Otheriwse it locks back. I read somewhere people said to can pull the whole J1772 nozzle and adapter combo out, then detach the adapter. BT honestly, I've not gotten that to work yet.

Same with me. I keep reading that the whole thing should pop out, but never have gotten it to work. What does work is unlatching the J cord, which causes the light to turn white. At which, I pull the adapter out. hey...if it works, then that's how I will do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats Btrflyl8e!! the car is amazing. I've had the car 2 weeks, and have 1K on it. Not sure if that is a lot...just seems so. I think I drove 12K per year in my ICE.

- - - Updated - - -

beginning of a fun journey, ENJOY

How are you enjoying your car? did it wipe away all the frustrations for you?

Congrats Btrflyl8e! Enjoy! So happy for everyone getting cars now and in the future!

I was able to move-up my delivery to tomorrow afternoon. No sleep tonight.
OMG! That is so exciting! I just ran mine down to 40 rated miles again showing to a friend...everyone reacts the same...awe. It's beautiful, powerful, quiet, smooth, and luxurious all at the same time. It's even oddly exhilarating to plug it in for the night. I am so happy you get yours tomorrow so you can have this same thrill sooner. I feel like I'm flying a magic carpet....

OMG! That is so exciting! I just ran mine down to 40 rated miles again showing to a friend...everyone reacts the same...awe. It's beautiful, powerful, quiet, smooth, and luxurious all at the same time. It's even oddly exhilarating to plug it in for the night. I am so happy you get yours tomorrow so you can have this same thrill sooner. I feel like I'm flying a magic carpet....

So are you glad you waited until you got yours to drive one?

16 hours and counting. I may need to take the melatonin route like Btrflyl8e - I don't see how I can be expected to sleep. I've read through my checklist, watched the walkthrough video (for probably the 10th time - seriously), cleaned-up garage (again), etc. Down to the final hours!

Congratulations butrflyl8e...now you understand why I said "WOW." Tomorrow is your day ElGuapo!! Enjoy it!

Drove my 4 day old car to OC CA tonight. Supercharged it in Barstow. 20mph head wind, so I kept cruise control on at 70 for the first 150 mile leg. 15 rated miles left upon arrival, but little range anxiety towards the end because I know the drive & elevation changes well. 110 miles for the second leg and all down hill to sea level, so that was a piece of cake. Drove fast and projected miles still = rated miles for the second leg. In a 14-50 for the night, a meeting in the morning, then back the other way with another stop at the Barstow "Amp Station."

so love this car!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 175
16 hours and counting. I may need to take the melatonin route like Btrflyl8e - I don't see how I can be expected to sleep. I've read through my checklist, watched the walkthrough video (for probably the 10th time - seriously), cleaned-up garage (again), etc. Down to the final hours!
Too bad you have to wait until afternoon! But at least it's today! Apparently the excitement in waiting was causing me sleep issues, because last night was the first night in forever that I slept all night without waking up 15 times. Must have been the comfort of knowing it was finally safely here at home. Woke up, checked the app while fixing my coffee...what magic to awake to a full tank every single morning! Then of course I had to go just look at it.

oh, and last night was the first time I realized all of the ambient lighting it has...never saw one in the dark before. Even THAT is incredible.

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations butrflyl8e...now you understand why I said "WOW." Tomorrow is your day ElGuapo!! Enjoy it!

I absolutely understand now. WOW

Got mine at 4pm today! Insane and totally worth the wait! Seriously, this is an amazing machine! I am in love. I had test driven an 85 months ago, but the 60 is still a rocket! Well worth the wait and so much fun! I actually think it will be harder to sleep tonight knowing it is in the garage. Might have to go for a random midnight drive!