Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First assigned/received 2021 "M" VIN Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just checked my order page and it looks like the image of my car has updated to the new version.

EDIT: Just called Tesla to confirm. Women said straight away I will get the new version if I've ordered "in the last month and you haven't been assigned a vehicle". I confirmed that I hadn't been assigned a VIN yet. She didn't hesitate in telling me all this so this is looking good.

Last edited:
I've also had an email confirming my order has been modified! So it's official, I'm getting the new refreshed model.

Everyone should check their mail too.

Wow. Tesla order page changed too!

Good thing I declined the 2020 VIN the other day!

Screenshot_20201016-060611_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20201016-061132_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: almaguaz
Tesla still has about 400 unsold Model 3’s in stock in North America. It will be interesting to see if they offer any incentives on 2020 models to clear inventory. I can’t imagine a lot of people wanting to pay full price for them now that the 2021 model has been unveiled.

Tesla still has about 400 unsold Model 3’s in stock in North America. It will be interesting to see if they offer any incentives on 2020 models to clear inventory. I can’t imagine a lot of people wanting to pay full price for them now that the 2021 model has been unveiled.
Where'd you find this info?

Personally, if they offered me a good enough incentive I would happily take a 2020 but it would have to be much, much better than an additional 1,000 supercharging miles.

Where'd you find this info?

Personally, if they offered me a good enough incentive I would happily take a 2020 but it would have to be much, much better than an additional 1,000 supercharging miles.

There are several site aggregators that can display this info but more importantly, check the local inventory within 200 miles of your zip code on the Tesla web site. If you see a car that interests you, call them and ask if they will offer any incentives to clear out a 2020 model.

Reactions: zerb012345
How long does it take to get assigned a VIN?? I placed my deposit today! Anxiously waiting for my M3P :)

No telling when or how long will you be waiting for 2021 VIN - I just relegated to Tesla usual push to deliver before end of quarter. Anything sooner (like end of Nov or earlier) will be a surprise.

From experience (2018 M3, 2019 MX, 2020 MY) the estimated delivery time frame is accurate (ex 5-9 weeks for California).
Let say there are more orders than inventory - so you get assigned a VIN as it goes thru the assembly line that usually takes 2 weeks then get trucked to your destination for another 2-3 weeks.
So for California orders that is about 5 week at the earliest, assuming VINs for Ca delivery is being built now.

Having said the above, check the VIN you get assigned - it should be 2021 VIN since you just recently ordered but you never know, it could be left over 2020 VIN.