Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y RWD vin assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it’s a top software lock, 100% would be ~80%. 80% is not great for degradation.
If that's try i'll pay the extra $4-5K mentioned earlier and get the extra speakers. I do regret it my SR 3 on short trips (long trips are about the same with one more stop maybe, but short trips could be no stops with LR)

Only issue with that would be that they are coming from Fremont instead of Austin which I think would not be the case if they were LR

Also speakers etc mentioned earlier. I think it's motor and interiors that's different, same battery hardware pack

What would you recommend?

New Model Y 2024 standard range:

A) Berlin made CATL 6L 62.0kWh battery?
But medium fast charging
Better aging, less degradation over time

B) Berlin made with BYD Blade 7C 60.0kWh?
Good fast charging: 175kW flat to 50% SoC
Worse aging, 4% degradation in first year

How does the BYD Blade battery in the RWD Model Y 2024 perform in aging / degradation wise? Is there any more/recent data on that?

Found the graph below at TTM Forum but can’t find the original Google spreadsheet

Attachments

• IMG_7072.jpeg
    IMG_7072.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 14
What would you recommend?

New Model Y 2024 standard range:

A) Berlin made CATL 6L 62.0kWh battery?
But medium fast charging
Better aging, less degradation over time

B) Berlin made with BYD Blade 7C 60.0kWh?
Good fast charging: 175kW flat to 50% SoC
Worse aging, 4% degradation in first year

How does the BYD Blade battery in the RWD Model Y 2024 perform in aging / degradation wise? Is there any more/recent data on that?

Found the graph below at TTM Forum but can’t find the original Google spreadsheet
everyone will have 5% loss after two years, think you cannot go wrong with either
you have the Tesla battery warranty to cover you

unless you are a true audiophile, the RWD stereos are good enough and way better than most vehicles in this price range
love my MYP stereo, but the RWD is good enough for most, you dont sit there and way, wow this sux
doesnt happen
Have you heard a MY Stereo without the second amp, the sub and several speakers? I would say almost no one has, given it’s only just been taken out, but if you’re basing your opinion on the Model 3 RWD, then I think it’s pretty noticeable. Certainly anyone asking if the speakers can be hooked back up probably knows enough about stereos to hear the difference. It was definitely one reason why I went for a Model Y over a Model 3 RWD back in 2022 - Road noise also being a key factor back then.

Reactions: kpanda17
The 2023 RWDs have all speakers, amps, and the subwoofer: premium audio. I believe for the 2024s they removed 5 speakers, one amp, and the sub.
That honestly sounds like it would be awful. And it can’t be easily fixed either - the aftermarket M3 wiring kits starting messing with Bluetooth in those cars and people have mostly taken them out now. Adding amps and upgraded speakers is niggly, expensive and eats into any cost savings of going RWD.

I have the RWD 3 and RWD Y with the gimmed stereo, The Y sounds better the than the 3 for sure, more base, but nowhere near the base of the LR Y.. I would not pay extra just for an upgraded stereo in the Y as the basic one is more than enough and sounds great at medium and higher volumes.

The Fremont RWD Y with vin 7SAYGDED9PF907474 does not have an LFP pack. The 7th digit is the fuel type. E is for lithium ion and F is LFP. I think it is more likely to be a 55-60 kwh pack consisting of 4680 cells. The AWD Y standard range pack used 4680s with a capacity of 67.6 kwh and charges at up to 200kw (according to Tesla's specs page before it was discontinued). The lower charging speed on the RWD Y and weight is consistent with there being fewer cells.

Model Y vin decoder: https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/mid/home/displayfile/fbec7f77-5e2b-4d06-b46c-267e7327c2ff
I just took the delivery of MY RWD in Canada recently, I was told it's from Fremont with LFP battery. but I just found the 7th digits of my VIN is E. wondering what happens? should I still charge it to 100% daily?

I just took the delivery of MY RWD in Canada recently, I was told it's from Fremont with LFP battery. but I just found the 7th digits of my VIN is E. wondering what happens? should I still charge it to 100% daily?
I am not sure how accurate the decoder is as My 7th VIN is also E, but Its LFP battery, charge to 100% is recommended in the APP and also in the display under addition vehicle information it indicates lithium iron phosphate as HV battery type

Reactions: hiker007