Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First boatload of M3 to Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I happened to be driving up the US-101 highway between the Fremont factory and the SF Pier today. I saw a car carrier full of Model 3's heading to the port with overseas Model 3's. The one car I was able to see the steering wheel was LHD. They all had the long skinny rear license plate brackets. Hopefully this means we will see another ship soon coming in to pick up Tesla vehicles.

Reactions: navt
Don’t think it will take much longer till we will see the first international shipments commence for Q3-2019.
A viable candidate to be the first one to start would be the vessel Triumph Ace which is currently on its way from Portland, Oregon to SFO.

Vessel details for: TRIUMPH ACE (Vehicles Carrier) - IMO 9209506, MMSI 352062000, Call Sign H3CB Registered in Panama | AIS Marine Traffic
Nope that one is heading east.

Speculation is that TYSLA that left Baltimore on the 2nd inbound to Zeebrugge on Thursday 11th may have some Teslas onboard.

I happened to be driving up the US-101 highway between the Fremont factory and the SF Pier today. I saw a car carrier full of Model 3's heading to the port with overseas Model 3's. The one car I was able to see the steering wheel was LHD. They all had the long skinny rear license plate brackets. Hopefully this means we will see another ship soon coming in to pick up Tesla vehicles.

Long skinny license plate likely means its not destined for Australia. Sounds like UK plates. Dang! Im hanging to find out when we will get ours in the land downunder.

Glovis Champion will be unloaded tomorrow.
Vessel #3, SFL Conductor of the current quarter is underway
Vessel #4, Glovis Cosmos is currently being loaded and will likely go to Europe

All in all international shipping is so far comparable to the last quarter. The amount of vessels may however be vastly different from the amount of cars that were shipped hence it is not a straight forward indicator on how Tesla is doing this quarter.

Tesla`s international shipments are looking quite a bit better than the previous quarters. Comparison by the end of the first month into the quarter:
Q4 - Tesla already shipped 8 boat loads internationally (4 to Europe)
Q3 - Only 4 boat loads shipped till end of July
Q2 - 4 boat loads shipped till end of April
Q1 - 4 boat loads shipped till end of January

Looks like they have been exclusively producing M3s for international markets in October 2019 so far.