Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First boatload of M3 to Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

• I would like to have my M3 Performance with white interior by latest Dec 20th.
  • I did not order yet
  • Switzerland delivery
  • Exterior color: White or black, not sure if it matters as I will get it wrapped. Only for resell and timing purposes I would pick one of the two.
Is this still feasible, do you think?
Is there any view on which M3 are definitely arriving before Dec 20th?

The reason is that I have rented a car during the Xmas period, which is quite expensive (1500USD), hence I would like to save that cost if possible.

Thanks

One year and 28 boat loads after starting this thread here we are again. Things have changed quite a bit and from literally 0 (zero) TM3’s on the road one year back they have become more and more common sightings here in Switzerland. Approximately 5.000 vehicles in the country easily provide a sighting within an hours drive.
Curious how Tesla‘s vehicles footprint will be in a year’s time... Probably lots of Model Y‘s on the street by then as well - including my own one.

One year and 28 boat loads after starting this thread here we are again. Things have changed quite a bit and from literally 0 (zero) TM3’s on the road one year back they have become more and more common sightings here in Switzerland. Approximately 5.000 vehicles in the country easily provide a sighting within an hours drive.
Curious how Tesla‘s vehicles footprint will be in a year’s time... Probably lots of Model Y‘s on the street by then as well - including my own one.
"Only" 5000 in Switserland? :).
Well here the Netherlands nearly 30.000 have been registered. By far the best selling car in the Netherlands....

I saw on 2-3 different times where I saw a truck full of Tesla cars getting transported on A5 toward Lausanne in Neuchatel. That made me miss my model 3 back in the US.. At least we are getting a model S in a week or so while in Switzerland!

There’s nothing special about Tesla anymore in the Netherlands. They’re just everywhere and in particular neighbourhoods you will see them on every streetcorner. In my neighboorhood you will find new ones every week (we had the first..).
And watch out: this flood of Tesla’s will come to the rest of Europe upcoming holiday season.....

• Funny
Reactions: 1 person
There’s nothing special about Tesla anymore in the Netherlands. They’re just everywhere and in particular neighbourhoods you will see them on every streetcorner. In my neighboorhood you will find new ones every week (we had the first..).
And watch out: this flood of Tesla’s will come to the rest of Europe upcoming holiday season.....

How busy are the chargers? Norway and parts of the US are seeing long queues.

It is always interesting to look at the Leaderboard on the Tesla app to see which countries do the most on a per capita basis. While it is a nebulous CO2 saved, currently:
  1. Norway: 207.74
  2. Hong Kong: 51.95
  3. Switzerland: 33.72
  4. Denmark: 33.66
  5. Liechtenstein: 31.45
  6. Luxembourg: 31.26
  7. Monaco: 28.09

How busy are the chargers? Norway and parts of the US are seeing long queues.

They're getting busy. Recently I saw some info indicating that out of 10 of the most busy superchargers, 8 are in The Netherlands. But, we have plenty of alternatives to Tesla Supercharger (like FastNed and Ionity). Besides that, The Netherlands are a tiny country. Charging at home will get you to most corners of the country (and back). In my case I only use superchargers when traveling abroad.

They have to double the no. of SuperChargers in about 24 months to keep the charging network usable. I am not seeing that urgency from Tesla yet. You can't grow the network at the same pace they did the last two years.

Disappointed that NJ turnpike is not getting Tesla SpCs, but general CCS chargers which will end up being unreliable due to poor maintenance.