Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First boatload of M3 to Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a French forum, lots of VIN assigned and deliveries scheduled, both for Grand Phoenix and Grand Dahlia (delivery dates ranking from June 11 to June 25).
On my side, VIN is still hidden, and no delivery scheduled, but I had the confirmation that the car "should be" (??) on the Grand Dahlia...

Tip o_O : on your Tesla account page, choose "Show the source code of the page", search for VIN : if your VIN is assigned and is still "hidden", you'll be able to see it ! :D

Mine says: "Vin":null

How do you know yours is on Grand Dahlia?

Mine is Black/White with a tow bar, which might mean a bit more waiting!

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Mine says: "Vin":null

How do you know yours is on Grand Dahlia?

Mine is Black/White with a tow bar, which might mean a bit more waiting!

I got the info from the Delivery Team, by email and then on the phone.
I think white interiors are pretty hard to get, little number shipped... BUT I read that some where proposed to ADD the tow bar to get a quicker delivery - certainly more cars with tow bar shipped that ordered...

Yesterday I received an email saying that I already have a VIN and Tesla is making the invoice. But there is no VIN in my Tesla account, so I did what you suggested: view the source code of the web and bingo, the VIN is there, hidden. I have a VIN, first step is done.

By the way, my M3 is a black/black ordered on April 13rd. Hope I can have it on June.

Yesterday I received an email saying that I already have a VIN and Tesla is making the invoice. But there is no VIN in my Tesla account, so I did what you suggested: view the source code of the web and bingo, the VIN is there, hidden. I have a VIN, first step is done.

By the way, my M3 is a black/black ordered on April 13rd. Hope I can have it on June.
Exciting! :)
I also hope you get it in June because I expect mine also in June and I ordered in early May...:rolleyes:

It appears that the last carriers for this quarter have left SFO port to their international destination.
Comparing last quarter to the current one it seems like Tesla has learned a lesson with too many M3s being intransit while the cutover date. Last quarter four vessels into Asia and three vessels into EU arrived with 15 days or less time prior to that critical date. This quarter it will be probably only one vessel per region, allowing much more time to getting the cars delivered to the customers. From a delivery point of view I‘d say Tesla is set for a better quarter this time.

GMT Astro, a vehicles carrier is on the way to SFO port, ETA 18th June. Isn’t that too early considering that Tesla wants to keep intransit levels down during quarter cutovers? Or is this vessel just on another mission which is non Tesla related?

They're the same cars, so I doubt that's a problem: the Service Centers can turn current AWDs into P- and vice versa. There used to be differences in binning, reportedly, but the power rating of the P- rear motor is the same as that of the RWD LR one, so there's no reason to think that they're making a special batch of motors that doesn't meet those specs for AWD these days.

Of course that doesn't mean that it won't play a role either: the machinations of the Great Assigner in the Fremont Sky are arcane and unkown to mere mortals.

GMT Astro, a vehicles carrier is on the way to SFO port, ETA 18th June. Isn’t that too early considering that Tesla wants to keep intransit levels down during quarter cutovers? Or is this vessel just on another mission which is non Tesla related?

The factory is still running and in order to have revenue in July, Tesla need to ship cars to Europe and Asia from end of June.
With the reduction in USA tax credit after June 30th, most potential July sales in USA will pull forward into June.

Since Tesla established a certain in-transit level at end of March, it would behoove them to maintain that level at the end of June. They may not, but it would be very sensible to do that going forwards.