Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Colorado Supercharger location confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What Cottonwood said! ^^^

I think if Moab were my destination and the 'Moab' supercharger was not yet in operation, after charging in Glenwood I'd be tempted to take I-70 exit 214 and pick up Rte 128: the scenic, two lane 'back door' to Moab. Saves some miles, too.

Visited Silverthorne CO on 911. The electrical contractors were closing up for the day. They have just installed the big transformer. Next they put in the 4 lockers, each one handles 2 SCs. Fascias are going on the arches tomorrow. Then testing . . testing.

Testing reportedly going on at the *completed* Glenwood Springs CO SC. That location was done by a California contractor; Silverthorne by a Denver contractor (these guys). They envision Denver, CoSprgs, Pueblo, Fort Collins in near future. :wink:

Ribbon cutting roughly scheduled for 21st or 22nd.
--

Visited Silverthorne CO on 911. The electrical contractors were closing up for the day. They have just installed the big transformer. Next they put in the 4 lockers, each one handles 2 SCs. Fascias are going on the arches tomorrow. Then testing . . testing.

Testing reportedly going on at the *completed* Glenwood Springs CO SC. That location was done by a California contractor; Silverthorne by a Denver contractor (these guys). They envision Denver, CoSprgs, Pueblo, Fort Collins in near future. :wink:

Ribbon cutting roughly scheduled for 21st or 22nd.
--

Awesome. The seemingly weekly opening of Superchargers is making me think a time-lapse map is going to look very cool very soon. (Especially if it has adds in bonus flashes for each successful SpaceX launch).

I was driving through on my way home from California and thought I'd take a peek. Glenwood certainly looks ready, though I didn't think to look at the other equipment - these are the pictures below. There's actually two different signs, one the standard "EV parking only" and this other "2 hour parking between 12pm and 8pm" one - I think it was 2 spaces that had that sign.

Probably shouldn't read too much into it because of all the rain and closures, but that parking lot was packed, but people were good - only one spot was ICEd

At Silverthorne, everything was behind those fences they built and I couldn't really see anything (and by then it was coming down more, it was late, and I was getting cranky so just didn't want to get out of the car). But yeah, definitely not as imminent as Glenwood...

IMG_20130912_223245.jpg

IMG_20130912_223255.jpg

Thanks for the updates. I'm very happy to see this progress. I will be in the area and will attend the opening of one or both of the charge sites, if I get sufficient notice. Please keep me posted. Thanks again.

Glenwood Springs and Silverthorne CSs

Today, the Tesla store in Denver informed me that the Glenwood Springs CS may open this week, possibly on Thursday or Friday, and the Silverthorne CS may open within 2 weeks.

[FONT=&quot]We do not know at this time whether there will be a "ceremony". I called the Denver Tesla store again. Unfortunately, these ceremonies appear to be handled by their corporate marketing people in CA. The store will inquire and get back to me tomorrow. I will keep you informed on this thread.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]If there is going to be a "ceremony," i[/FONT][FONT=&quot]t seems like we are being given very little notice. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]They suggested that I sign up for their newsletter to keep informed, so I would not have to keep checking the Tesla "Events" page (or calling them), but I have not heard anything yet. [/FONT]
I definitely intend to attend one or both of the openings (although I will be driving a hybrid -- not even a plug-in, and certainly not a Tesla). Significantly, t[FONT=&quot]he store informed me that Tesla (which I took to mean the Denver store) would be offering test drives at the CSs. [/FONT]Besides taking a test drive, I would really like the opportunity to meet some of the people on this thread. [FONT=&quot]Perhaps, we could arrange to be at a particular CS at a specified time. Perhaps, we could go over there together.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Thanks for taking the lead on this, EVger. Depending on the day, I'd like to get over to Glenwood for the opening, since I expect to be out of town when Silverthorne opens. Glenwood is 175 miles one way from my house, so I'll need a fair amount of charging to get home again over the two major mountain passes in between.

If you guys would rather do Sunday, I will be coming back through.

I know somebody in CA knows the answer to this but I never had to think about it before. When does the Nav update the superchargers?

The Nav doesn't show Glenwood yet; that's all I can tell you.

I'd rather not do Sunday because the return traffic on a leaf-peeping weekend will be horrendous.

> Woo-Hoo!

With Silverthorne being tentative maybe Glenwood Sprgs CO will be the gathering spot. Count me in for Sat or whenever.

As a 2nd backup there is this on the TM page:

Public Charging
1 Free J-1772 Charger
511 Colorado Ave
Carbondale, CO 81623 that might be worth checking out. Nice to have backups!
--