Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First drive of a release candidate version of Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I interprete this as no HUD too. He also reiterated only one display in another tweet. I understand the logic about autonomy and lack of need for a but I think the average consumer will need to see what their car is doing to protect them especially in the early days of autonomy.
HUD ads unnecessary complexity, testing, etc. They are working on FSDC car. While people might want to see what the car is thinking, most people are more compelled by the next tweet, FB post etc, and will quickly lose interest in the car identifying objects on the street.

HUD ads unnecessary complexity, testing, etc. They are working on FSDC car. While people might want to see what the car is thinking, most people are more compelled by the next tweet, FB post etc, and will quickly lose interest in the car identifying objects on the street.
its not about the average consumer seeing what the car sees , but what majority of the crowd favors , which would an instrument cluster or hud , I guess some of them can't stand not seeing the speed on a dedicated display or simply just doesn't like the look without a HUD/ instrument cluster , maybe cause it makes the dashboard feel empty and plain ? I certainly have no problem with this , but it would be a welcome addition .

After all these tweets I think Elon is going for fast profits first. Build a huge amount of base mdl 3s with big battery pack.
*ca- ching* pay those investors who put their faith in me. I will need a D not matter what here in northern vermont. I'll just have to wait again. Early 2018-not a big deal if they start in July or Oct. Spring 2018-way cool.

Nose is very similar, but seems less aggressive. The upper "duck" lip looks like it's smoothed and rounded somewhat. But, it's hard to tell because of bad lighting.

rLUG5oR.jpg
Looks the same. I don't see any obvious changes

After all these tweets I think Elon is going for fast profits first. Build a huge amount of base mdl 3s with big battery pack.
*ca- ching* pay those investors who put their faith in me. I will need a D not matter what here in northern vermont. I'll just have to wait again. Early 2018-not a big deal if they start in July or Oct. Spring 2018-way cool.
Any evidence of large battery packs initially, or just a hunch?

Look at the light reflecting off the edge, especially the reflection in front of the headlight. The nose is clearly more rounded all the way across. If it was the same then light could not reflect like this.

27EflFC.gif
It's very pretty, but it looks to me like there is now a black mesh grille, slightly indented beneath the frunk lip. That grille has a matte appearance compared with the rest of the shiny black nose of the car. The alternative is a matte-painted panel or fake grille, but that seems unlikely. In any case there is definitely a matte-black vertical surface below the frunk lip in this video.

Last edited: