Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Hawaii Tesla Meet Up!

Who's going to the Hawaii Tesla Meet Up on 7/28?

• Will definitely be there!

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Will try to make it, but not sure.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Sorry, can't make it this time :(

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you want to get more publicity for the meet up, you might want to try to get a mention in the newspaper about it. You could also try to contact a media writer to do an article/blog/video on it. Could also post info about it on other car enthusiast boards.

I'm not sure if you want to keep it an intimate type of thing or make it a big event. Just a thought.

What's our tentative schedule at this time? Are we planning on staying at the Kakaako Waterfront Park for an hour or so before doing a drive? If we're going to start inviting the public (outside of our little group here), then it might be good for us to know how long we're going to be there before moving on.

Maybe plan on being at the park from 11-12 for general meet and greet for people to come by and see the cars and for latecomers to make it. Then a drive someplace to get something to eat? (somewhere there's a lot of parking, lol).

What's our tentative schedule at this time? Are we planning on staying at the Kakaako Waterfront Park for an hour or so before doing a drive? If we're going to start inviting the public (outside of our little group here), then it might be good for us to know how long we're going to be there before moving on.

Maybe plan on being at the park from 11-12 for general meet and greet for people to come by and see the cars and for latecomers to make it. Then a drive someplace to get something to eat? (somewhere there's a lot of parking, lol).

Tenatative time: 11:00 am - feel free to show up earlier. I'll probably be there around 10:00-10:30 to save a spot.
Place: Kakaako Waterfront Park

We'll probably hang out at least an hour meeting everyone. Then was thinking of driving out to Hawaii Kai - by Costco since they have a lot of parking there. Any other ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to get more publicity for the meet up, you might want to try to get a mention in the newspaper about it. You could also try to contact a media writer to do an article/blog/video on it. Could also post info about it on other car enthusiast boards.

I'm not sure if you want to keep it an intimate type of thing or make it a big event. Just a thought.

Thought about it. If we were to get any press, I think it'd be cool to do something with Blue Planet or another Green organization to promote EVs. Would actually love to have a roadster at the meet up. Maybe i'll try to contact the Blue Planet guy. Anyone know him?

Also, planning to invite Barry and the crew at the SC. Will tell them to bring their tools :p

Tenatative time: 11:00 am - feel free to show up earlier. I'll probably be there around 10:00-10:30 to save a spot.

We'll probably hang out at least an hour meeting everyone. Then was thinking of driving out to Hawaii Kai - by Costco since they have a lot of parking there. Any other ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Thought about it. If we were to get any press, I think it'd be cool to do something with Blue Planet or another Green organization to promote EVs. Would actually love to have a roadster at the meet up. Maybe i'll try to contact the Blue Planet guy. Anyone know him?

Also, planning to invite Barry and the crew at the SC. Will tell them to bring their tools :p

I don't know him well, but the person you are talking about is Henk Rogers. A really nice guy! I do know a Tesla Roadster owner that probably lurks this forum. If we do have a more public meet, I can reach out to him/them. Keep us posted on the route you want to take (pun intended).

- - - Updated - - -

Just a warning - Costco Hawaii Kai parking lot gets CROWDED on weekends. Not sure if we'll find a place for everyone to park ... definitely not together. We could shuttle though from a nearby parking lot though.

Just a warning - Costco Hawaii Kai parking lot gets CROWDED on weekends. Not sure if we'll find a place for everyone to park ... definitely not together. We could shuttle though from a nearby parking lot though.

Agreed, the Costco lot is a zoo on the weekend. What about the kiss-n-ride lot (I think that's what it is called) across the street? It's usually empty on the weekends.

Kiss-n-ride is definitely better unless they have the Farmers Market there that day. I would also recommend having pre-planned rendezvous points with times along the way. When we used to do the S2000 meet ups people would get lost all along the route due to splitting up at traffic lights and whatnot. Even using 2-way radios we would shed a member or two at each stop. That would also give people a chance to meet up later in case they couldn't be there from the beginning.

The Costco Hawaii Kai main lot is crazy on the weekends on the Costco side of the lot. The City Mill side is marginally better, but if you go behind the shopping center, next to the self-storage, there's usually a lot more spaces open. Don't even try Koko Marina, it's even worse cause the spaces are narrow.

The Park-n-Ride across the street has farmers' market from 1-2pm on Saturdays.

If you're looking for good photo op, you can also take a short drive up Mariners' Ridge. There's a open area where you can park and get a good shot of Koko Head in the background.

I don't know him well, but the person you are talking about is Henk Rogers. A really nice guy! I do know a Tesla Roadster owner that probably lurks this forum. If we do have a more public meet, I can reach out to him/them. Keep us posted on the route you want to take (pun intended).

Henk was #1 MS here in Hawaii, so when you talk to him tell him to bring his car...

The Costco Hawaii Kai main lot is crazy on the weekends on the Costco side of the lot. The City Mill side is marginally better, but if you go behind the shopping center, next to the self-storage, there's usually a lot more spaces open. Don't even try Koko Marina, it's even worse cause the spaces are narrow.

If you're looking for good photo op, you can also take a short drive up Mariners' Ridge. There's a open area where you can park and get a good shot of Koko Head in the background.

thanks for the suggestions! Mariners ridge photo op definitely sounds good! We've got a couple more weeks to decide so keep the suggestions coming! I think in the future we can set up longer drives :)

Are you talking about the drive up before you hit houses? It is a nice view up there since I used to live on Mariner's Ridge.

We could also try and park by Koko Head but it may be crowded from all the people climbing up.

Are you talking about the drive up before you hit houses? It is a nice view up there since I used to live on Mariner's Ridge.

We could also try and park by Koko Head but it may be crowded from all the people climbing up.

Yup, the open spot right after the switchback is usually a good shot. Another option is the lookout on the way back down from Hanauma Bay, but it's usually crowded w/ tourists & buses. Finally, Sandy Beach on the far side of the park is a good photo spot too, but it'll be crowded and you'll get lots of attention.

If you just want someplace to meet (no facilities or eating) then I would suggest Koko Head Park. Lots of parking and still some limited opportunities for pictures, if you're creative. There used to be a road in the back that would lead back up to the hwy by the lookout too, but not sure if it's been chained off. It was poorly maintained.