Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Impression: Not Happy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I showed you a picture of my Audi A4 headlight cover, you'd wonder how any light is escaping.

So true. The same thing happened to my Tahoe hybrid that gets blasted constantly driving over two mountain passes in the winter to my cabin. But I bought a headlight cleaner kit that included a sanding disc and some paste, like this one, and it worked wonders in making them clear again...

3M Headlight Restoration Kit - Walmart.com

• Informative
Reactions: Alketi and GFORCED
@GFORCED,

You may have mentioned up thread but don't recall seeing it.....where did this CPO come from (originate)? Not Pickup SC but originate?

Ski

Los Angeles, Centinela. Went to Buena Park to be reconditioned.

I'm going to bet that's a northern climate car with a decent amount of highway driving. That sort of pitting, especially on the headlight covers is a symptom of winter highway driving on sanded roads. If I showed you a picture of my Audi A4 headlight covers, you'd wonder how any light is escaping. :p

I've had a house in Palm Springs for years. To get there off the 10 freeway to the 111, you need to intersect the wind corridor. It gets pretty bad at times. I have ruined paint and glass on a couple cars there.

I did request the Carfax for this car, but never received it. Looks like pretty typical damage that I've personally encountered in the past. The truth is, if you don't look really close, you literally cannot see it. For the headlights they have to be turned on to see. For the windshield, you have to look into the sun.

I'm going to bet that's a northern climate car with a decent amount of highway driving. That sort of pitting, especially on the headlight covers is a symptom of winter highway driving on sanded roads. If I showed you a picture of my Audi A4 headlight covers, you'd wonder how any light is escaping. :p

@Alketi,

That's initially what I thought....but then thought more of a desert area climate like Arizona.

Ski

Last edited:
o_O I think you may have got too many trophies as a kid.

With a good attitude, I think you and Tesla can come to a reasonable solution quickly. Pressing the "I demand" button after accepting delivery (and signing all those papers) leaves you vulnerable in this unfortunate situation. Good luck.
I think he should ask for a pony, too.

I think Tesla's CPO program needs to be a lot better and more consistent. Many of Tesla's supporters try hard to make a point that Tesla is not a car company per se, but a tech company. Therefore, it should be 2nd nature to take a bunch of high res photos of the car, zooming in on potential problem areas, and post them on the website. Upthread someone mentioned that if the buyer refused acceptance of the car, s/he will lose the deposit and transport fee. That's just not acceptable. If Tesla wants to not deal with the headache of issues presenting themselves at pick-up time, the photos will help a great deal imo.

Reactions: GFORCED
My car was delivered today after about a week at the body shop. New paint on hood, new windshield, and new alcantara headliner. They didn't replace headlights (easy fix) or paint front bumper, but not a big deal. Also, they didn't fix scuffs in seat but I used a paint marker when I got home and now can't even see it.

So, Tesla did OK and I want others to know that. If a car isn't delivered to CPO standard, be sure to indicate all flaws at delivery. Also, be sure to inspect your car thoroughly in the sun as well!