Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First look with pictures at Tesla’s new mobile app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, clearly a bug. I had to enable touch id to unlock my iphone. Once I did that AND I killed the app and restarted, the slider showed up. Once I enabled it, I could then disable touch id for phone unlocking and it still works in the app even if I kill and restart it.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work for the Note 4 which is my actual phone vs the iphone which is just a work phone.

• Informative
Reactions: JohnnyG
Enabled touch id on my Note 4 for everything else including web sign in etc. Killed the app and restarted. Still no option.

Perhaps they didn't implement touch id for android but only iOS??? That would ROYALLY suck. I've been waiting for 2 years for touch id to enable keyless driving.

Enabled touch id on my Note 4 for everything else including web sign in etc. Killed the app and restarted. Still no option.

Perhaps they didn't implement touch id for android but only iOS??? That would ROYALLY suck. I've been waiting for 2 years for touch id to enable keyless driving.
This kind of crap happens all the time (I too own a Note 4). They'll add fingerprint authentication to an iOS app, because, well, there's only one manufacturer of both the device and OS. So, not much work goes into the app identifying it. It's a simple attribute that tells the app whether this particular Apple device is capable and enabled. It requires more effort on Android, because there are multiple hardware manufacturers, and multiple customized versions of the OS. It's not as easy to identify whether a certain hardware manufacturer has the ability, let alone how it was implemented via their customized UI. So, a lot of apps choose to just ignore that feature on Android devices.