Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Ottawa Tesla Owners Club meeting pp

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you guys keep your cars so clean? Is that a Tesla thing?? i.e. they repel dirt?? Might be worth getting one for that feature alone!

I washed mine the day before, but Tesla are very smooth so washing is easy.

It also helps to coat it with something. Mine is done with CQuartz but there is also Opticoat and countless others. Xpel or other film is also a very expensive option for keeping it clean

Must admit I gave mine a quick wash before the dinner :smile:

Plus, I only took closeups of the ones that were washed. :)

To all who said thank you for the pictures: you're welcome.

If anyone wants to see my dashcam video, at 20x actual speed, from last summer's trip - which was much longer as there was no way to go east without going to southern California first - see On the road - victoriasports

I also have a couple of extracts from one of the side trips on the way back - up Mount Evans: On the road - victoriasports

Oh, and if you're really into seeing lots of Model Ss lined up, here's what it looked like as of a week ago at the Highland Park (Chicago) service centre: On the road - victoriasports

Last edited:
I am waiting for a 70D in the midnight silver metallic color, and will have the next-gen seats in light grey. I sure will keep in mind the offer of the refresher, especially as soon as you've got the ludicrous upgrade ;-)

Btw, I did enjoy reading your blog @Sgutz.

Gérard

No worries. Anytime you need a refresher let me know. What did you order?

I sure will ask for a refresher as soon as you have upgraded to ludicrous mode ;-)

I am waiting for a 70D in Midnight Silver Metalic color. Something has changed in my dashboard today, looks like it has reverted back to being in the production queue, which seems to be the right step before being in transit from I've seen posted by others.

I sure will ask for a refresher as soon as you have upgraded to ludicrous mode ;-)

I am waiting for a 70D in Midnight Silver Metalic color. Something has changed in my dashboard today, looks like it has reverted back to being in the production queue, which seems to be the right step before being in transit from I've seen posted by others.

Yes, it will do this just before it ships. It's like Tesla has no state in the dashboard for "just waiting around in the lot to be picked up". Be warned that transit to you seems to take a long time. I wasn't the only one waiting for weeks for my car to leave Chicago. Hopefully they are better now.

For those who asked about the Midnight Silver Metallic color, I picked-up my 70D yesterday and love it (and the color is perfect). Here is a photo to give a better idea of the color, it's a silver metallic with a tint of dark blue.

WP_20150822_10_43_59_Pro.jpg