Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Post - Help me decide X vs SQ7 vs Range Rover Sport

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry didnt read your post and replied just based on your thread title.

I had a cayenne s, which to me blew other suv's out of the water prior to the X. But after having the X, I tell u.. Anything else out there just feels dumb. Get the X right now.

Reactions: larmor
My wife drives a Q5 for last 3 years, and we need a 7-seat SUV now. So Q7 was the nature path for upgrade since she loves her Q5, and a Tesla was not even in the plan until a friend recommended couple of months ago. After testing driving both Q7 and MX, MX just blow her away and she didn't even give another thought on Q7. This is the fastest test drive to purchase decision we ever made :).

We ordered a MX 90D in early last month, and delivery is expected late Aug/early Sep.

Same story here. Two years ago we were looking to replace our MB GL with another GL as we needed 7 seats. One evening, we went into a Tesla showroom to past time as we were early for a dinner reservation. My wife reluctantly agreed to a test drive in a Model S and 5 minutes into the test drive, the decision was made. Since we wanted 7 seat, we ordered the Rear facing child seat with the Model S but it is really uncomfortable for our daughter due to the lack of air circulation. So when the Model X is out, we waited no time to jump into it even though it meant quite a hit with the trade-in. And now we are all happy and is planning a 4 hour road trip with the in-laws.

I was also considering the Q7 as I have always liked Audi's fit-n-finish but would like to see how is the all-electric Q-tron. No way we are going back to an ICE.

It looks like I can have a test drive in August, much as I struggle with being patient I will wait until then to make a final decision.

@MrAliG, my suggestion is not wait for the website's test drive schedule but call into your nearest Tesla store showing your interest and asking for the test driver, and they will get you scheduled quickly and sooner.

I cannot comment about SQ7 but am moving from SQ5 to MX and currently have both on the driveway. I like the ability to fit my mountain bike in the Audi and the ability to drive 210 kmh for 2-3 hours over the mountains without range anxiety. But with the hitch and the front windshield and the comfortable seats and the generally almost 2 sec faster 0-60, I feel the MX is a far better car even at 3x the price. I think an SQ5 is a fantastic car for 70,000$ Canadian but I love the MX so much more overall. If they improve battery capacity over the next 5 years and get a folding second row option as well as autopilot 2.0, it will be near perfect.

In 2 years I expect Audi/Porsche will have competitive full EV cars and will be interesting having this type of purchasing discussion at that time. For now the MX rules IMO.