Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First rain of the season outside and inside the car.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 purchased Oct 2019. We had our first rain of the season overnight and when I went out to the car this morning there was a puddle on the center console. Looked up and the headliner near the rear view mirror is damp and slightly detached in the driver side as compared to the passenger side. The water must have came from up there.

Is this a known/common issue? How difficult is it to fix? What should I expect from the service center (who can't see me for two full weeks).

The first rain of the season after the first hot summer. And we didn't get much in the way of rain last year. This is Los Angeles in an extended drought.

You forget the one that was either late November or early December - there was one the lasted less then this one but was much more energetic?

Hadn't heard of that problem. My 18 sat in it yesterday but thankfully dry when I got off the train

Model 3 purchased Oct 2019. We had our first rain of the season overnight and when I went out to the car this morning there was a puddle on the center console. Looked up and the headliner near the rear view mirror is damp and slightly detached in the driver side as compared to the passenger side. The water must have came from up there.

Is this a known/common issue? How difficult is it to fix? What should I expect from the service center (who can't see me for two full weeks).

Here's a tip: PHOTOGRAPH all of the leaks and water issues. Helps at the SC, especially if they can't duplicate the problem . . . .

Last edited:
Here's a tip: PHOTOGRAPH all of the leaks and water issues. Helps at the SC, especially if they can't duplicate the problem . . . .

In my confusion as to why there was water on my center console, I didn't think to do that. It's pretty easy to see however where the headliner has detached near the center left of the windshield. I suppose the problem would be if they just reglued that to the windshield but didn't find the actual leak I'd just have a constantly wet headliner.